Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Installing the FSX SDK

Only after having installed the SDK and the updates, did I remember there's a proceedure to follow if not installed to the default location. It won't work else. I think it had to do with editing a DLL, but I can't recall, nor can I find it anywhere.If anyone has or can remember, can you please let me know.Thanks

I found the basic instructions, they're a little over my head.These are are the entries in my DLL file. Can anyone 'in the know' let me know where it's wrong? I still can't get the Traffic Tools to show up in FSX.- <Launch.Addon> <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>F:\FS Addons\FSX SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon>Where F:\FS Addons\FSX SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll is the correct location.Thanks

Only after having installed the SDK and the updates, did I remember there's a proceedure to follow if not installed to the default location. It won't work else. I think it had to do with editing a DLL, but I can't recall, nor can I find it anywhere.If anyone has or can remember, can you please let me know.Thanks
Installation to a non-default folderThe paths in the documentation and some tools will only be correct if the SDK is installed to the default folder. If the SDK is installed to a non-default folder, be aware that some documented paths may not be correct, and run the tool ConfigSDK.exe (in the SDK folder) to update the paths of a number of the configuration tools to the correct folder.

I just can't get this right.If someone is willing to post the relevant section of the DLL.XML that works for them i'd be most grateful.My FSX install is not default, it has it's own drive.I've tried many combinations. I only wan't to install the Traffic Tools, as I believe it's vital in order to use FDE?Thanks

I just can't get this right.If someone is willing to post the relevant section of the DLL.XML that works for them i'd be most grateful.My FSX install is not default, it has it's own drive.I've tried many combinations. I only wan't to install the Traffic Tools, as I believe it's vital in order to use FDE?Thanks

In order to make the SDK (installed in the default location) refer to FSX (installed in a non-default location) you must first execute ConfigSDK.exe.The default location of ConfigSDK.exe is:C:\Program files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\ConfigSDK.exe

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I found the basic instructions, they're a little over my head.These are are the entries in my DLL file. Can anyone 'in the know' let me know where it's wrong? I still can't get the Traffic Tools to show up in FSX.- <Launch.Addon> <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>F:\FS Addons\FSX SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon>Where F:\FS Addons\FSX SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll is the correct location.Thanks
	<Launch.Addon>		<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>		<Disabled>False</Disabled>		<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>		<Path>F:\FS Addons\FSX SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>	</Launch.Addon>

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest jshyluk

I had to install the SDK to review FSAddon's FSXME. Naturally, I installed it all wrong. FSXME has a utility to fix the incorrect installation. FSXME has a shareware version you can download for free. I can't say for sure, but I am quite sure the SDK fixer is enabled in the free version. You could download FSXME and use it to fix your SDK. I realize that you can also just do the above, but I am a terrible typist, and I like the one-button solution. Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Hi FolksDougal -Please see FSDeveloper - Wiki - SDK Installation (FSX)Ensure you are editing the correct dll.xml,located in your profile, (not the four examples within the SDK).Running configsdk.exe will only correct the registry paths.It will not update/correct the user's dll.xml file. HTHATBPaul

Hi FolksDougal -Please see FSDeveloper - Wiki - SDK Installation (FSX)Ensure you are editing the correct dll.xml,located in your profile, (not the four examples within the SDK).Running configsdk.exe will only correct the registry paths.It will not update/correct the user's dll.xml file. HTHATBPaul
Unless anyone can think of something else, I guess i'm just gonna have to give up :( I'm certainly not a complete novice at this stuff. I've made all sorts of other tweaks and changes in the past, mostly with success. I've followed almost all the instuctions exactly, and I know the code is correct, and in the right DLL.XML. The only thing I haven't done is remove ALL my addons (as suggest), there's far too many to make it worthwhile.The 'Tools' just wont show up.Bah humbug I say :(

Hi Folks

The only thing I haven't done is remove ALL my addons (as suggest), there's far too many to make it worthwhile.
Phil/Dougal -You don't need to remove all your addons.Just those that utilise dll.xml or exe.xml for loading, (e.g. FSUIPC, etc.).Even then, you don't have to remove them,just disable them from loading,then once the SDK is working, ensure those addons are the latest versions.Please post your entire dll.xmleither as an attachment,or paste within code tags.99 times out of 100,the user is trying to load an older SDK than their FSX version.See the big red boxes.Which FSX version are you running ?Is your SDK help file in a file called fsxsdk.chm ?HTHATBPaul