Sign in to follow this  
slip-stream

AIRAC updates

I have tried the search function but I only receive database errors.My question is, is it still possible to download the current airac for free? I see you get charged now on navigraph.Thanks.

Keith Sandford.

No. Navigraph is the only place, although Dan Downs does upload updated files here at AVSIM which I have never used. Not quite sure what they do.Jim D.

No. Navigraph is the only place, although Dan Downs does upload updated files here at AVSIM which I have never used. Not quite sure what they do.Jim D.
Is it necessary to update the nav-data ? I am using the one that came with my 747-400 FSX April 2008Cheers,Jerry

It is important that sidstars be the same cycle as navdata. There are two different sets of data, explained in the PMDG Ops article: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARSNavigraph provides both navdata and sidstars in their download product. Last time I converted the price it was cheap, about $2.60 per cycle.The advantage to using current data is you can fly real world routes. Things do change, new runways, new RNP approaches, new RNAV SIDs and STARs etc.My sidstars are customized to add routing between departure runway and SID fixes, and between STAR arrivals and approaches for use if you are not using an ATC service such as VATSIM. They require that the navdata be the same cycle as the sidstar too.

Dan Downs KCRP

Quote[My sidstars are customized to add routing between departure runway and SID fixes, and between STAR arrivals and approaches for use if you are not using an ATC service such as VATSIM. They require that the navdata be the same cycle as the sidstar too. Thats interesting Dan. I will use Navigraph as it is cheap I agree. How do you customize your sidstars?

Keith Sandford.

Guest Mower

DELETED BY ADMINDear friend,Next time you are promoting software piracy here you will be banned definitely;For now, your member account at The AVSIM Forums has been temporarily suspended.It will not be functional until April 19th.David Roch

Quote[My sidstars are customized to add routing between departure runway and SID fixes, and between STAR arrivals and approaches for use if you are not using an ATC service such as VATSIM. They require that the navdata be the same cycle as the sidstar too. Thats interesting Dan. I will use Navigraph as it is cheap I agree. How do you customize your sidstars?
I don't modify the Navigraph procedures. I build them myself using data I purchase from FAA and the free download terminal procedure charts. I observe how actual traffic is routed and use my own experience of 30+ years of instrument flying and add the routes between the arrival and the FAF for ILS approaches (some locations also have RNV and RNP approaches connected, such as KDCA or KPSP); or in the case of SIDs I connect the runways to the departure routes or create ones if none exist such as at KORD or KIND. I see about 600 downloads/month.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest HeavyMetal

Thanks David.. This guy is a real pain in the @#$$. About time someone gave him a time out... LOL