Sign in to follow this  
Guest CRJ200Fan

Installation Problem

Guest CRJ200Fan

Hello,I've just purchased Radar Contact 4.3. I ran the installer, and all was well, until it reached the end where a new window comes up and FSUIPC4 is installed. Unfortunately, when it reaches the point where it is "Now checking for DLL.XML... ...There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC section"the installer freezes, and has to close. I continued to get the key and activate the product, but when I clicked on the 'Start RC' button, an error message appeared saying "Cannot link to FSUIPC or WideClient". I believe that this had to do with the uncompleted installation.Can anyone help me; has this problem been experienced by somebody?Regards,Daniel

Hello,I've just purchased Radar Contact 4.3. I ran the installer, and all was well, until it reached the end where a new window comes up and FSUIPC4 is installed. Unfortunately, when it reaches the point where it is "Now checking for DLL.XML... ...There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC section"the installer freezes, and has to close. I continued to get the key and activate the product, but when I clicked on the 'Start RC' button, an error message appeared saying "Cannot link to FSUIPC or WideClient". I believe that this had to do with the uncompleted installation.Can anyone help me; has this problem been experienced by somebody?Regards,Daniel
i'm not familiar with all of the fsuipc install messages. i'm not sure that is really an error. it probably was saying that it found a new fsuipc install on your machine, and rc isn't going to overwrite it.if fs running, not just on the fly now screen, but running, plane at the gate, clock on the panel running, when you press the start rc button?jd

Guest CRJ200Fan

So I should not press 'Run RC' before I'm actually in the sim?I have not read the manual thoroughly; I do normally like to muddle through first! :(I will try that, ASAP.

So I should not press 'Run RC' before I'm actually in the sim?I have not read the manual thoroughly; I do normally like to muddle through first! :(I will try that, ASAP.
start fs, load the .pln, click fly nowread a few chapters of the manual, thenstart rc, load the .pln, click start rcread a few chapters of the manual, thenfly your flight.repeat as necessary :-)you might want to save some time, and fly the tutorials in the manual, so you can learn everything you need to know, before you do your own flights.jd

Guest CRJ200Fan

Yes, all problems solved now! :( It's a great, well-thought out product. All we need now are taxying instructions, and perhaps an interface with a more 'modern' feel. :( Thanks!Daniel