Sign in to follow this  
Guest dakrisht

ATC Alternatives/Add-Ons

Guest rap777
You might want to try out Multi Crew Experience, it adds a co-pilot you can talk to, plus ground personnel and cabin crew, who you can talk to as well. The co-pilot can work the controls for you via your voice commands and can also handle ATC for you. It will let you talk to ATC yourself if you prefer to do it personally rather than have the co-pilot do it for you. You can also control the FS interface with it via voice (works in both FSX and FS9) - free demo here: http://www.multicrewxp.com/Al
Hi Alan!I really liked the premise of MCE concerning ATC. That is why I downloaded the demo but no matter how much training I did, I could not get it to work.Even after training it used very strange call signs )Or at least the pronunciation was WAYYY of!I put in RAP777 and got Gold foot foot as call sign!Interesting enough though when I got the copilot to handle Radio call the answered back correctly TO HIM??I hope they can sort out their teething problems as I would really like to use it. The voices from FSX are a lot more natural sounding than Vox ATC but at the moment I will stick with VOXATC quirky sometimes? for sure but overall it works really well , even with my (Austrian accent) remember Arnie Schwarzenegger????Kind regardsAlfred

Hi Alan!I really liked the premise of MCE concerning ATC. That is why I downloaded the demo but no matter how much training I did, I could not get it to work.Even after training it used very strange call signs )Or at least the pronunciation was WAYYY of!I put in RAP777 and got Gold foot foot as call sign!Interesting enough though when I got the copilot to handle Radio call the answered back correctly TO HIM??I hope they can sort out their teething problems as I would really like to use it. The voices from FSX are a lot more natural sounding than Vox ATC but at the moment I will stick with VOXATC quirky sometimes? for sure but overall it works really well , even with my (Austrian accent) remember Arnie Schwarzenegger????Kind regardsAlfred
Hi fellow Austrian :-),do you know a way to get VOXATC working with a german VISTA Home basic? I tried to use vistalizator in order to change to the english speech recognition, but it just won't work...Bernhard

Guest dakrisht
If the monotone voices are your main problem, I'd stay away from ATC-addons. Those addons will give you more realistic ATC in terms of how they handle approaches and so on, but what I have HEARD so far from for instance Radar Contact sounds far from realistic: you are clearly listening to joined samples... It really does NOT sound like someone is really talking to you. It sounds very computerized. I find the default ATC a LOT more realistic and enjoyable when it comes to the audio part.However, when it comes to the instructions and possibilities, that's a complete other story
After watching a few YouTube videos of the add-ons listed here I COMPLETELY agree with you. They all sound just awful. FSX default ATC sounds much, much, much better. Did I mention that they sound awful? :( I can't imagine why people use these add-ons because even if they add "realism" that's completetly killed by the Microsoft Voices working to combine files together to give you mid-80s HAL-type voices!Off to VATSIM and the default ATC...Thanks everyone...

It also depends on what you want the ATC sound for. If it for realistic IFR then Radar Contact is the go. But some just want to add realism to their flights by having a background of radio calls, without actually having to interact with ATC. Radar Contact does this too, but their are simpler alternatives out there as well that let you play random pre-recorded ATC chatter as a background, such as FS Chatter.Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Guest rap777
Hi fellow Austrian :-),do you know a way to get VOXATC working with a german VISTA Home basic? I tried to use vistalizator in order to change to the english speech recognition, but it just won't work...Bernhard
Hi Bernhard!I am Austrian BUT I do live in Australia so I use the english version of Vista 64 Home edition!Sorry I am not of much help to you . Maybe some German speaking fellow can jump in here (who runs a German version of Vista as well as VoxAtc).Just as a long shot though, , have you got the "US English speech recognition engine " ? If so you must enable it in speech advanced set up.Regards and God blessAlfredP.S: Ich planne im August nach Wien zu kommen.....falls Du mich treffen moechtest lass mich wissen!Falls Du auf skype bist . mein skype name ist rapture777

I think the only possibility is to have an english version or Ultimate with English GUI enabled. But maybe there are some external (non Microsoft) tuning soft like vistalizator mentioned by You (I do not know them).

After watching a few YouTube videos of the add-ons listed here I COMPLETELY agree with you. They all sound just awful. FSX default ATC sounds much, much, much better.
Glad I am not alone on this one. :(