Sign in to follow this  
Guest brad_s

ASA Stopped working again...after SP1 B2

Guest brad_s

Greetings,After installing SP1 B2 ASA worked for several weeks. Now, it won't work and comes up with the message "ASA has encountered a problem and needs to close" blah, blah, blah. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. This is so strange, as ASA worked flawlessly until this happened twice, once upon installation of the original build and again upon installation of SP1 B2.What other onformation can I supply to help troubleshoot this issue?Windows XP SP3.Thanks,Brad Streeter

Hi,Please post or attach your ASA_Log.txt file and we'll be happy to take a look. Any other changes on your system?Thanks,

Guest brad_s
Hi,Please post or attach your ASA_Log.txt file and we'll be happy to take a look. Any other changes on your system?Thanks,
Jim,Here it is. Is the application hanging up on verification of the license??6:52:21 AM:0109 - Loading Application Data Path6:52:21 AM:0109 - Application Data Path = C:\Documents and Settings\Brad\Application Data\HiFi\ASA6:52:21 AM:0125 - Loading Application Executable Path6:52:21 AM:0125 - Application Executable Path = C:\Program Files\HiFi\ASA6:52:21 AM:0125 - ASA load commencing...6:52:21 AM:0125 - Verifying Active Sky Advanced LicenseThere have been no changes to my system. Thanks,Brad

Hi,Go to your firewall and re-allow ASA access. Sometimes updated software is recognized as a new program. Then let's see what happens.Thanks,

Guest brad_s
Hi,Go to your firewall and re-allow ASA access. Sometimes updated software is recognized as a new program. Then let's see what happens.Thanks,
Hi Jim,I did as you suggested and attempted to restart ASA. It hung up in the same place and came back with the same message. BTW, Active Sky X works just fine. The log text stops in the same place also.Thanks,Brad

Hi,I need to look something up. What is your order number?Thanks,

Guest brad_s

Hi,My order number is 232592, dated February 22, 2009.(Thomas) Brad Streeter

Guest billpilot

HiI am having that exact same problem any help would be good as I can't use it at all.Bill Sloane(billpilot)

Hi Brad,What anti-virus are you using? You have not connected to the license server since 4-3.Hi Bill,Do you have ASA installed on 2 computers or recently changed computers?Thanks,

Guest billpilot
Hi Brad,What anti-virus are you using? You have not connected to the license server since 4-3.Hi Bill,Do you have ASA installed on 2 computers or recently changed computers?Thanks,
Hi JimNo to both your questions, Will try to reinstall again and see if it still has problems.Thanks Bill.

Guest brad_s
Hi Jim,Norton 360Brad

Hi Brad,OK, thanks. What happens if you allow ASA access through Norton or totally shut Norton down?Thanks,

Guest brad_s

Hi Jim,Sorry for the delay in replying. Unfortunately, there is no change in ASA when shutting down Norton 360. The same log .txt message as well:4:05:03 AM:0984 - Loading Application Data Path4:05:04 AM:0000 - Application Data Path = C:\Documents and Settings\Brad\Application Data\HiFi\ASA4:05:04 AM:0000 - Loading Application Executable Path4:05:04 AM:0000 - Application Executable Path = C:\Program Files\HiFi\ASA4:05:04 AM:0000 - ASA load commencing...4:05:04 AM:0000 - Verifying Active Sky Advanced LicenseThanks,Brad

Hi,Something on your machine is blocking the connection from ASA to the servers. I checked and the last time you properly connected was on 4-3, right around the time you started having trouble.Look for anything that might be stopping ASA.Thanks,

Guest brad_s

To All Interested,After a complete uninstallation of ASA and subsequent reinstallation, I am happy to report ASA now working again.I haven't been able to figure out why the program wasn't working properly and after following the suggestions Jim was helping with, I decided to try to uninstall, then reinstall the upgrade and then SP1 B2.I'm once again a happy camper! Jim, thanks for your help. Brad Streeter