Sign in to follow this  
clum

Quick sound switch

Hi, I had until fairly recently been running my FS9 on XP 32, and with it I was using the quick sound switch program to manage my two soundcards, allowing me to have RC4 through my headphones and FS through the speakers. (http://www.quicksoundswitch.toflo.de)Anyway, I've now moved to my FS installation to Vista64 and this program no longer works. There is a new version called "vista audio changer" that should work in the same way......but doesn't. With the original program, I started fs9 with one sound card selected.....minimised it.....switched to second soundcard.....opened radar contact. Job done. Under XP the programs would use whichever sound card was selected as default at the time they were opened. Now with the new vista version, when i select the second sound card, flight sim also changes to use it instead of staying locked on the one it was opened under.Obviously vista uses a very different sound architecture than xp but theres bound to be a way to sort this somehow. Hopefully one of you good people will have some advice for me!Thanks.

Ye thats the new vista version that i've tried but it wont work in the same way as the old one. I'd really like to find a way to somehow split the sounds in vista as its completely impossible to use radar contact with ai chatter and fs2crew all comming out the speakers as theres just voices everywhere.any more suggestions welcome.