Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

Forest Fires in FS?...

Guest abent

Did I read somewhere that there would be or could be forest fires in FS? I thought it would be great fun to use water bomber aircraft and or helicopters to fight fires especially since it's forest fire season up here in northern Manitoba. They use Dromaders, Canadairs and helicopters with large buckets or water bags on them. That would be really cool.Any ideas/info?Thanks, Adam

Guest ba747heavy

Yes, you can. Search in the file libraries here at avsim and allnodesarebusy.com for 'fire', I think that will get you what you want. I believe the fire is just an extension of the 'i' flight key, instead of a smoke trail behind the aircraft, you get it on the ground.

Hey Adam, yeah, it's possible!! I just finished a forest fire scenery for Cougar Mountain Helicopters VA. We just purchased a new Bell 205 with a belly tank from the LZ and it is very nice! We do quite a bit of SAR and rescue work in addition to helping during fire season, we just moved down to Idaho for the season there. Here is an idea!I know Kyle Ramsey did a fire scenery for Montana, that is good from what I hear, haven't checked it out myself.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.comhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/8320.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest abent

Excellent news gents. I'll check 'em out.Thanks lot, Adam

Hi, Adam. Two BFU sceneries, Avsim Base (Alaska) and Wild Yukon (Canada), have extensive fires to be extinguished. They are both in avsim library.

Guest abent

Hi Naji.Actually, I picked up your Wild Yukon last night. Looks very nice. I didn't see any fires though. Can you tell me where they are in relation to the main logging camp?Thanks a lot, Adam

From the main logging compound, fly over to Wild1, the small tent camp by the river in the midst of the forest; it is shown on the GPS. Look around Wild1, you'll see the smoke. Make sure you've set the right month and day, as per the readme file.Happy fire hunting :)

Guest abent

Thanks Naji. I'm going to pick up a helo with the water drop bag or basket. Then I can hover over the fire and drop.Your scenery is great.Adam

Be sure to check out FS-Blaze!

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

FS-Blaze is absolutely amazing! It is definately a must have. It will load all current fires with effects that are monitored by NOAA. There is an extensive post further back on it.

Guest Ridge_Runner_5

You guys DO realize this thread is like 3 years old, right?

Guest shibby

>You guys DO realize this thread is like 3 years old, right?You guys DO realize this is a thread about forest fires, right?

So it took me a while to get the coding done! It was NOAAs fault - the FTP data source was made useful relatively recently... :-smooch

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

FS-Blaze is amazing. Recently used the utility to construct real time fires at Tumbler Ridge, BC, then flew up in the Advanced DODO Bell-206 to scout the area. Talk about realism .......... many hot spots and billowing smoke.Thanks, Scott and great job incorporating the NOAA data.Gary :-beerchug

There is a file here in the library that replaces the default thunderstorm Lightning effects. In the description of the file it says"This gives the lightning a little pick me up boost in FS9. Also adds a rare ball lightning or perhaps Foo lights every once in a while PLUS EVEN SMALL FOREST FIRE SMOKE or boiling water steam from a direct hit..This is an effect replacement and not a texture replacement..Default backup included for back to sober."