Sign in to follow this  
mondeoman

IFR flights

Hi, Since the change from GMT to British summer time I have created 3 different IFR flights. On each occasion when I am nearing my destination, ATC gives me a heading and then tells me the runway (Visual) not ILS as I expected. On the last occasion the airport was Salz burg (LOWS) and the runway given was 16 visual, now according to my map runway 16 has an ILS approach 109.90 so why would atc give me a visual approach? Your help would be appreciated.

Hello,Summer time doesn't have any effect on runway assignments, only wind direction and visibility does.Yes, currently LOWS has an ILS on runway 16 but it probably didn't at the time FS2004 was done. You can encounter the same issue on many airports. ILS' have been added, frenquencies have changed and so are runway directions due to magnetic variation. (Ex: Manchester, Toulouse, Marseille...)Unfortunately there isn't much the user can do. One solution, a very easy one is to use the AFCAD2.21 program here available in the library. It's possible to add an ILS to a certain runway. Although FS ATC will not recognize it the aircraft will and you will be able to do an ILS approach without any problems.Regards

I would assume that you were given a visual approach because the weather allowed it.I think this would be common in the Real World because ATC would not need to maintain as much separation on visual approaches as compared to ILS approaches.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif