Sign in to follow this  
Guest fskid8

Best Computer For Fsx

Guest fskid8

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but what is the best specs for fsx. I'm thinking of building my own pc.Thanks in advance -Fskid8

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but what is the best specs for fsx. I'm thinking of building my own pc.Thanks in advance -Fskid8
Best *generally* equals most expensive. Or do you want the best bang for your buck? What's your budget? What size monitor will you be using?

Suggest you read through this forum and you'll discover that the specs that seem to work for FSX are:Duo or QuadCore Intel CPU at 4 GHz (overclocking required)4 or 6 GB fast memoryWinXP64 or Vista64Nvidia 512MB+ video card with 100+ GB/s memory bandwidthMotherboard, PSU, and cooling to matchMind you, I'm happily flying with a 3.2GHz Q6600, 2GB of PC800 RAM, WinXP32 and a 9600GT, but you asked for "best" right?

Bert

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest fskid8

well thanks to all who answered, but I think what I'm looking for is something that is reasonably priced but can run fsx at medium high to high at decent frame rate anywhere from 25 upwards-Fskid8

Best *generally* equals most expensive. Or do you want the best bang for your buck? What's your budget? What size monitor will you be using?
Well I looked at parts and put together a machine for $610 including rebates and everything which would be reasonable with a 19 inch monitor which is built into the price.

Most enthusiasts get a full size Case. But is it necessary? Can a mid tower do if you wanna have one 275 video card and a good size heat sink?

Most enthusiasts get a full size Case. But is it necessary? Can a mid tower do if you wanna have one 275 video card and a good size heat sink?
I have a 285 vid card, and a liquid cooling system in my mid tower. It all just barely fits! But it fits:)Chris,

well thanks to all who answered, but I think what I'm looking for is something that is reasonably priced but can run fsx at medium high to high at decent frame rate anywhere from 25 upwards-Fskid8Well I looked at parts and put together a machine for $610 including rebates and everything which would be reasonable with a 19 inch monitor which is built into the price.
The system I listed would run at high settings. Unfortunately 600 bucks won't get you a good platform to run FSX on. What are the system specs of the one you want to build?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |