Sign in to follow this  
jjf

Flickering when changing views

Hi,I have noticed that when I change views (i.e. look sideways and then look forward again in the 2d panel) that the panel flickers repeatedly and then goes back to normal. So, I look sideways and it flickers 4-5 times really quickly then it's OK. Then when I look forward it does the same thing. This is in FSX with both the MD11 and 747X. Doesn't occur with other aircraft. I have noticed that when I first open the overhead, FMC, throttle etc it does the same thing.Anybody have any suggestions or recommendations?Specs: E8500 3.15 GhzPalit Geforce GTS250 1Gb (180.50 drivers)4Gb RamFSX SP2ThanksJonathan

Don't recall "flickering" being reported before, but there is a delay on most systems when changing views and returning to the VC cockpit and it takes a moment for the textures to fill. Is this what you are seeing? Other than trying to tweak your system to optimize MSFS CPU-based graphics I don't know of a fix for this.

Dan Downs KCRP

Im getting really bad flickering when I hover over any of the screens or knobs in the 3D cockpit. Anyone else get this.Ian

Don't recall "flickering" being reported before, but there is a delay on most systems when changing views and returning to the VC cockpit and it takes a moment for the textures to fill. Is this what you are seeing? Other than trying to tweak your system to optimize MSFS CPU-based graphics I don't know of a fix for this.
Dan,Perhaps flickering was not the right way to describe it, I'll have another go. When I switch to a view it's ok, then when I switch back what I see is a the side view and forward view flicking back and forth in rapid succession. Like it's loading and unloading really quickly. So it looks like flickering. I have noticed this also when first clicking on the OHD panel, FMC and thrust lever panel. Jonathan

Im getting really bad flickering when I hover over any of the screens or knobs in the 3D cockpit. Anyone else get this.Ian
Ian,Try turning off tooltips in FSX.

Ian,Try turning off tooltips in FSX.
Thanks for the advice, worked like a charm. This really makes things alot easier.