Sign in to follow this  
Guest Charlie

Alt-enter

Guest Charlie

Has anyone else experienced this? I never have

Guest vtx

the only thing i can think to do is check assignments and see if for some reason the keyboard is not asigned to that function..if it is not you can make it so..

Has anyone else experienced this? I never have

The things I'd try are, first find out if your main return (i.e. Enter) key is either busted or going intermittent prior to completely failing, if it is of course you probably want to replace the keyboard. It may be that some weird windows keyboard mode has kicked in (i.e. like 'easy access' does when you hold down shift for a long time). If that's not the case, see if the same problem occurs when you use the key in other programs, i.e could you use it when you typed your post on here? If that's the case, it'll be some kind of assignment issue in FS. It could also be another key causing the problem, as the circuit route of keyboards is something of a maze on many types of keyboard, so a completely different key going flukey can sometimes be behind issues, so you could try opening up the keyboard and giving it a clean as they can end up full of fluff and bits of crumbs etc.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest Charlie

Thanks for your replies. A keyboard swap was the solution. The keyboard at issue was a two year old Microsoft Wired 500 and replacing it with my old (more than 10 years) PC concepts keyboard solved the problem. Alt-enter now works either way as it always did.The strange thing about it is that the main (keyboard) enter key worked perfectly for all other purposes, including in FS9 (ctl-shift-enter view change, for example) with no intermittent behavior at all. As you suggest, Alan, probably some other flukey thing in the