Sign in to follow this  
ray hughes

ATC3 Review

Hello,I have read the review which I interpreted as a thoughtful review rather than totally enthusiastic one the final paragraph implies. and also visited the US distributor website with a view to purchasing this product. There is no facility to download the English language version online and you must use Pay pal or send a cashiers cheque to purchase this product. After a brief correspondence by email with the distributor I have sadly declined to purchase this game/simulation for now. The price plus shipping costs translate currently into a whopping NZ$144.44 dollars!! at the current exchange rate. (This includes a $12 US shipping fee). Your reviewer might like to mention there is only one Distributor outside of Japan which really does limit the sales potential of this product. (It guess it would be a different matter if I lived in the US, or that the NZ Dollar was of a higher exchange rate value. )In my opinion it also begs the question did the reviewer pay for the product or were they provided a free evaluation copy? If it was a free or discounted evaluation copy then the reviewer probably didn't give much thought as the mechanics of distribution that I can see. This is something I would like all reviewers to consider including in their reviews - especially since this particular product has such limited distribution and AVSIM reviews are read by global readers. Should my personal economic situation change for the better, or the NZ Dollar rise above the US Dollar, I will reconsider my decision, but for now I see no justification in purchasing the product at the listed retail price. As an addendum I should add there appears to be only 1 airport you can operate from - which is a shame. I would have liked to have seen a variety of airports that have different emphasis on their operations. This product has the capability of actually doing quite well I would think but the makers need to re-assess their sales strategy to foster greater interest. Ray Hughes

Guest rjwillis

Thursday 30 April 2009Hello RayI bought the ATC3 program and have been playing with it for a while now.It is a truly fascinating and engrossing tower sim and i admire the work which has gone into its making.I do agree that there should be more than just 1 airport (Tokyo) - but they say that more will be added later.It also (IMHO) needs a "sim" mode in addition to/rather than the current fixed scenario for each level.All-in-all an entertaining program and I look forward to the added airports (and sim mode!) when they appear.richard willisuk citizen currently living in ohio usa (not for much longer thank goodness!!!) :(

Hello,I have read the review which I interpreted as a thoughtful review rather than totally enthusiastic one the final paragraph implies. and also visited the US distributor website with a view to purchasing this product. There is no facility to download the English language version online and you must use Pay pal or send a cashiers cheque to purchase this product. After a brief correspondence by email with the distributor I have sadly declined to purchase this game/simulation for now. The price plus shipping costs translate currently into a whopping NZ$144.44 dollars!! at the current exchange rate. (This includes a $12 US shipping fee). Your reviewer might like to mention there is only one Distributor outside of Japan which really does limit the sales potential of this product. (It guess it would be a different matter if I lived in the US, or that the NZ Dollar was of a higher exchange rate value. )In my opinion it also begs the question did the reviewer pay for the product or were they provided a free evaluation copy? If it was a free or discounted evaluation copy then the reviewer probably didn't give much thought as the mechanics of distribution that I can see. This is something I would like all reviewers to consider including in their reviews - especially since this particular product has such limited distribution and AVSIM reviews are read by global readers. Should my personal economic situation change for the better, or the NZ Dollar rise above the US Dollar, I will reconsider my decision, but for now I see no justification in purchasing the product at the listed retail price. As an addendum I should add there appears to be only 1 airport you can operate from - which is a shame. I would have liked to have seen a variety of airports that have different emphasis on their operations. This product has the capability of actually doing quite well I would think but the makers need to re-assess their sales strategy to foster greater interest. Ray Hughes

I bought the ATC3 program and have been playing with it for a while now.
Hello,I think that with that line all things are said. It's a game that can be played. I really am sad to tell you i even spend money on this GAME!! I agree the graphics are nice but that's just it.It is far from a simulator you get for your money. I never saw a simulator where you was: clearance delivery, ground, tower and centre at the same time.To let it become a nice simulator they have, imho, to add the following items:- choose position (clearance delivery, ground, tower, approach or arrival- choose number of planes you want to handle- remove insane timelimitThen it's worth every penny, for me this game is not more worth then 20 dollar max.Only my 2 cents.Cheers,Peter KLM401

You can download a little free application that will allow you to play in a more free/realistic manner. It allows you to customize volume of traffic, weather etc. So it's like a custom scenario. You can, if I understand correctly, download custom built airports from fansites. Google atc3 and you'll find out more. The free app is on the publisher's support page.

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78