Sign in to follow this  
BartEnder

msvcr80.dll causes frequent crashes

Since some time I am unable to fly longer then 15-25minutes, the FSX crashes constantly.I know that the msvcr80.dll issue was covered here, but most topics accords to SP1.I did uninstall C++ Redistr., I uncheck AA, I do the defrag, nothing helps...I have a Vista 32bit OS with GTX280 (driver 182.50) on board. The system is in a good shape, no OCing, so it is not a temperature issue (GPU has no more then 55 C)It is really pulling my nerves, especially, when I am few feet above the runway bout to land.Any suggestions on that?I will try today to rebuild fsx.cfg (rename the old one, so the new one will be created) and disable autothumbnail, FSUIPC 4.20 and FSFlightKeeper

Guest jhkaye

Have you had any success with resolving your msvcr80.dll CTD problem? I have been having frequent CTD problems also, always due to msvcr80.dll. Seemed to start after purchasing MegasceneryEarth tiles for Washington State, and also seems to occur when flying 3rd party aircraft, most recently the Carenado Cessna 206 floatplane. If I start in VC mode and do not change to another view, seems OK, but if I change to spot view and then try to go back to VC view, it usually crashes to desktop immediately.As you mentioned, most solutions in this CTD forum seem to refer to SP1. SP2 does not seem to have resolved this problem. Jim Kaye

Since some time I am unable to fly longer then 15-25minutes, the FSX crashes constantly.I know that the msvcr80.dll issue was covered here, but most topics accords to SP1.I did uninstall C++ Redistr., I uncheck AA, I do the defrag, nothing helps...I have a Vista 32bit OS with GTX280 (driver 182.50) on board. The system is in a good shape, no OCing, so it is not a temperature issue (GPU has no more then 55 C)It is really pulling my nerves, especially, when I am few feet above the runway bout to land.Any suggestions on that?I will try today to rebuild fsx.cfg (rename the old one, so the new one will be created) and disable autothumbnail, FSUIPC 4.20 and FSFlightKeeper

Somehow Yes.Try to load FSX, disable AA and set filtering to Trilinear. If You Use nHancer, disable AA there. Then launch FSX again. It cured me, but I will miss AntiAliasing.

Here is an update - although it is much better, the FSX hangs at most important stage of flight - at FAF, usually 1500-2000ft above the runway treshold.Every second/third flight ends up with a hang-up.

Hi FolksBartender -msvcr80.dll is a .NET SxS component.Any call to a SxS componentwill utilise the latest version dll in the user's SxS cacheunless explicitly told to do otherwise. There are a series of VC80 dlls, (version 8.0.50727.870 to version 8.0.50727.3078),installed by various apps,that introduce several modified "new standard" behaviours,but without retaining backward compatibility. Installing VCRedist versions 3079, (24th Oct 2008), and newer, will address this by reinstating the backwards compatibility. Download appropriate version for your language & processor, from -http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/KB961894/Re...?ReleaseId=2067It's a relatively recent issue, (?March? 2008)also affects Mission "Go To Briefing", and possibly SimConnect connectivity, etc. HTHATBPaul

Thanks basys!Since I hadn't problems since a week or longer, I do not touch anything right now. It could be caused by FSUIPC4.30 + braking toe assigment - I disabled it via FSUIPC and it was OK. Now I am testing it under FSUIPC4.50 and see what happend next.

Guest jhkaye

I have just tried the solution recommended by basys on April 27, and so far it appears to work! :( Before trying this I created a restore point in case it didn't. Then I downloaded and ran the file as suggested. At first I didn't know how to run a file with an aspx extension, but WinZip was able to do this. I have certain standard test flights I use to see if a problem is resolved. One of these is to fly the Carenado Cessna Stationair floatplane from Orcas Island (KORS) to Seattle Seaplanes (0W0) in Washington State. It would invariably CTD with the msvcr80.dll error when switching between VC and spot plane views. I completed a flight this evening switching back and forth between views many times without a CTD.Jim Kaye

Hi guys!Same prob here ;(Ctds here and there.. bought a new system 3 days before (changed from Amd to Intel- all new Pc except the Power Adapter), of course only the newest drivers incl. .net, visual c, VCREDIST a.s.o. .Surprise surprise... same story :( I will give it a try with this download link and will report back....Klaus

Reg

Klaus

from LOWG

took my testflight with the LD767 and.... IT WORKS!!.. i remember on my old system, in the last weeks i had desktopscrashes if i push the right mouse button, mabe this is also the conclusion for...the only prob what now is left, is the sound crash after ~1hour of flight (the limited FPS have only delayed the prob positive..)Thanks for the tip SIR, now i can fly again ~~~~~~Thank you thank you!!!!! :( :( reg.Klaus

Reg

Klaus

from LOWG

took my testflight with the LD767 and.... IT WORKS!!.. i remember on my old system, in the last weeks i had desktopscrashes if i push the right mouse button, mabe this is also the conclusion for...the only prob what now is left, is the sound crash after ~1hour of flight (the limited FPS have only delayed the prob positive..)Thanks for the tip SIR, now i can fly again ~~~~~~Thank you thank you!!!!! :( :( reg.Klaus
well...flew lowg to eddh.... before landing pressed shift+5 for panel, crashed..., during the flight all was okay and "played" as much as i could with the (2d) Fmc, seems Microschrott has done more on an "update" as we can find as.. "usable".. My Sys.Intel i7 920Geforce 8800GTX OC4GB OCZ PC312800 (1600)Winxp Home SP3 +Microschrott updates, newest System builded 2 Days before on a new HDD

Reg

Klaus

from LOWG

Guest jhkaye

I have finally resolved my CTD problems with msvcr80.dll! Purchased a GeForce 9800 GTX+ OC graphics card, which was on sale at Best Buy for about $105. Should have tried this a long time ago. My Dell XPS Gen 4 system requires PCI Express, and this card has 1 GB GDDR3 memory. Haven't had a crash due to msvcr80.dll since the install. Can have one monitor with VC, and the second with spot plane view with no problems, although the frame rates are reduced at Boeing Field in this configuration. Am also able to run WidevieW with a total of four monitors and 3 PC's.Since installing the new card I have twice had a different kind of CTD error - d3d9.dll. Don't know what is causing this, but both times it occurred when the PC was being paused for an hour or so.Jim Kaye

I would like to share with my latest findings: I think it was FSUIPC autosave issue. When near ground (that happen most often, close to the ground), lot of scenery has to be loaded (5040x1050 resolution), so the disk is pretty busy. When autosave comes to place, timeouts are too long, so the app hangs.I have disabled the feature few days ago and did not have a single CTD.

Guest Tobus
well...flew lowg to eddh.... before landing pressed shift+5 for panel, crashed..., during the flight all was okay and "played" as much as i could with the (2d) Fmc, seems Microschrott has done more on an "update" as we can find as.. "usable".. My Sys.Intel i7 920Geforce 8800GTX OC4GB OCZ PC312800 (1600)Winxp Home SP3 +Microschrott updates, newest System builded 2 Days before on a new HDD
d3d9.dll is either DirectX or your graphicsdriver. I have had issues with d3d9.dll before on my nVidia 8800GT, since I usually keep my drivers up to date (like any supportforum screams at you as a first answer to ANY problem). Going back to an earlier version (185.xxx) solved my problems.Hope this helps for you!

tonight,i gave a fatal crash,caused by MSVCR80.dllas i tested,just the official fsx acc fa-18 virtual cockpit,crashes fsxso what can i do for this problem??

Captain Hamzeh Farhadi

A320 TRI/TRE at Iran Air

Guest firehawk44
I did uninstall C++ Redistr.,
You must never uninstall the Microsoft Visuals from 2005 to 2010. They are there for a reason - to run FSX and its addons.Best regards,Jim