Sign in to follow this  
VS0

Md-80 approach error

Firstly I would like to apologise for this common topic but i have googled and searched and seem to find no resuslts.I'm flying the flight1 md-80 and I can fly the whole flight correctly with no problems at all until descenr/approach/landing phases where there is always a ctd.It happends at slightly different times e.g landing/ approach or descent and different things trigger it e.g switching views / opening new windows.I have reinstalled on numerous occasions but still cannot find a fix.Anybody with any answers would be very much appreciated.ThanksRichy

Does this happen at all airports which you are approaching or a specific one ? If it's a specific one and it's an addon then check for more than one Afcad data files containing start positions for that airport. If you are sure there are no double Afcads then de-activate that addon airport in the FS scenery library and try the same flight again to the default airport. If now all goes well then you can be sure there is something wrong with the airport scenery itself, e.g. a corrupt or empty texture.During testing I would want to suggest that you do not switch views etc. during your approach because this only makes diagnosing the problem more difficult.Good luckHans

Does this happen at all airports which you are approaching or a specific one ? If it's a specific one and it's an addon then check for more than one Afcad data files containing start positions for that airport. If you are sure there are no double Afcads then de-activate that addon airport in the FS scenery library and try the same flight again to the default airport. If now all goes well then you can be sure there is something wrong with the airport scenery itself, e.g. a corrupt or empty texture.During testing I would want to suggest that you do not switch views etc. during your approach because this only makes diagnosing the problem more difficult.Good luckHans
Thanks for the reply.This has happened at default DCA and addon ORD and a few other default and addon airports.Also there are no double afcads or afcad problems.I willl try testing without the addon airports and see if that helps.I'll have to test in a week as I'm off to the US for a week so will not be able to sim.Thank you very much for the quick reply.Richy

Now that you've tested approaches to the default version of the airport concerned and to others with the same CTD results, the only possibility now remaining seems to be in the MD-80 itself, most probably one of the instruments on the panel encountering a conflict with a VOR, NDB or ILS.However, in saying this I have assumed that you have tried other aircraft, e.g. one of the FS standard jets, and have not had the same CTDs. You could also rename the existing MD-80 panel to something like "PanelOLD" and then copy any standard FS two engine jet "Panel" folder to the MD-80 folder and use that for testing purposes.Good luck again.Hans