Sign in to follow this  
Guest Richard L Hill

FSX Gold Edition

Guest Richard L Hill

I puchased FSX GoldEdition and can not get thee Toolss Menu to display. I have my FSX installed on Windows Vista Delux Home 32 Bit version on Drive F:How can I get the SDK Kit to work?What files CFG or XML files need edited?What should they look like? PLEASE HELP!Email mee with and samples.rhill1@ma.rr.comRichard

Hi Richard,Did you install the SDK as well? It should be contained on the disks as well. Probably the first one (I am not sure which disk it is for the Gold edition).After you have run the installer of the SDK you need to alter the dll.xml file of FSX as described in the SDK documentation. This allows you to turn on the tools that will appear in the tool menu.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Richard L Hill
Hi Richard,Did you install the SDK as well? It should be contained on the disks as well. Probably the first one (I am not sure which disk it is for the Gold edition).After you have run the installer of the SDK you need to alter the dll.xml file of FSX as described in the SDK documentation. This allows you to turn on the tools that will appear in the tool menu.
Yes I installed the SDK. I would think all needed files would be included as this is the latest version of FSX. I would think someone else has had this problem, or simular. I ran the ConfigSDK and looked at the dll.xml and they seem to be right according to the SDK installation instructions. Why can't they make things easy to install for the normal user? I Have the original FSX and wanted to use the AbacusSceneryShortcut, but without no help in getting things to work I ghuess I might as well go back to X-Plane9. I thought this forum for help?Richard