Sign in to follow this  
Guest tebinu

PMDG MD11 Brake temp

Guest tebinu

i got the md11 and a friend of mine has it also. we were flying in vatsim when suddenly his brake temp starts to increasing while in flight @ FL300. He is not reg. here so i will state his question: "Why?" brake.PNGps: he already tried to extend the gear to cool it down (if this is simulated there)

The PMDG MD-11 QRH states that the landing gear should be extended for cooling for 10 minutes or until alert is not displayed. Did he kept the gear extended for 10 minutes?

Marius Petrascu

Guest tebinu

he said that he was descending after this for about 7 minutes with gear extended and no changei just wonder how that can happen while in flight (after he already flew about 35 minutes)

i just wonder how that can happen while in flight (after he already flew about 35 minutes)
I don't have any data, but the brakes will continue to heat up long after braking action takes place. Being in thinner air lengthens the time it takes for the heat to flow away from the brakes. Too bad we don't know what caused the heating in the first place.

Dan Downs KCRP

I don't have any data, but the brakes will continue to heat up long after braking action takes place. Being in thinner air lengthens the time it takes for the heat to flow away from the brakes. Too bad we don't know what caused the heating in the first place.
But his post seems to suggest he got the overheat warning while in flight not before the T/O roll and those temps look extreme. I doubt you could depart with no warnings and then the brakes continue to heat to that level. Rob

Rob Prest

Guest tebinu

jea he said that he was taxiing from a heavy gate to runway 28 in zurich (and this is just a short way) nothing special. and then suddenly it increases and increases.. short before amsterdam (the final destination) the brakes started to cool down but while on the way, he made a 15min holding pattern with gears extended. so its only the question how the brakes could heat up so much. they went above 950

You sure he didn't pushback (shift-p) with the parking brakes set?Edit: I just tried it with pushback and it's not possible to get that high, so it seems to be something else.

Nathan

Guest tebinu

negative, he owns a saitek st290 and pushback was not set (he didnt said that to me yet but show me an aircraft in fs2004 @ takeoff with shift+p set :D)after this, he tried to change to another plane and back to the md11 but the same thing occoured. then he restarted his fs2004 and then it worked. we will now fly another leg maybe

It's just a thought and I apologise if I'm on the wrong track but is your friend's copy of the MD11 genuine and legal?Iain Smith

Guest tebinu

hm i dont know, but i think so :( he is not a little kid