Sign in to follow this  
Guest BruceM

VoxATC X 5.61

Guest BruceM

Just checked the VoxATC website and found a new version has been released. The following was copied from the News section.>Version 5.61 of VoxATC X is now available. This update includes:>A first officer that can handle comms on IFR flights while you handle the aircraft, more realistic CRM. You can switch comms duties at any point in the flight>TGS (Taxi Guidance System) at larger airports, you can now 'follow the greens' to and from the runway. At the limit of the taxi clearance (usually the runway hold), a line of red lights is displayed until you receive an onward clearance>A recent comms panel that can display the last 10 ATC communications>Various phraseology updates, and fixes>This is a free update for existing users, check the documentation for more information

The new taxi lights are superb.A couple of wee issues during my early use of 5.61.I can't seem to get the FO button assignment to work, using the keyboard assignment 'K' works ok I just can't get the system to react to a button mapped to the function.Anybody else get it to work on a button mapping?Second issue was VOXATC used/reported '000 MB' during a flight from EGNT to EGBB (clearly not right) correct value was at the time QNH 1000 (maybe an issue with the interface with ASX but just thought I would mention this to see if anybody else had similar issues. For information also using UK supplement!OldBadger

An Update on my previous post; QNH issue NOT an issue, just did another flight and VOXATC handled QNH 1000 perfectly.The previous problem was most likley an issue with the interaction with ASX.The Taxi lights are a really good addition though :)Great work - VOXATC just gets better and better (thanks for all the efforts).OldBadger

Great work - VOXATC just gets better and better (thanks for all the efforts).OldBadger
I can second that.. there are a couple of bugs in this program...but it keeps getting better and better. One bug I found was when the ATC asks to change the frequency and I acknowledge that, VOXATC does not recognize my acknowledgment. I then simply change to the new frequency and I can continue along. The second bug I had was, it did not recognize my Squak code and kep repeating that I put that squak code in. It went into a loop. But this happened only once, All other times, it did accept my Xponder code.If only they can deviate from the linear path to multi path IFR scenario, it would be unbeatable. I have no major voice recognition problem, as more and more I am getting used to this addon, I can slowly ween myself from reading the instructions and interact verbally like I would in real life. Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

The copilot is a welcome addition to this program and the new taxi lights are an improvement over the purple cones. This program keeps getting better with each update. Any hope of the next version being able to run on a networked PC? Thanks again to the VoxATC developers across the pond.

The copilot is a welcome addition to this program and the new taxi lights are an improvement over the purple cones. This program keeps getting better with each update. Any hope of the next version being able to run on a networked PC? Thanks again to the VoxATC developers across the pond.
What taxi lights? I get the purple cones for taxi hand holding. :(

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

What taxi lights? I get the purple cones for taxi hand holding. :(
When you get your clearance to taxi rows of green taxiway centerline lights shhould appear along your route to the departure runway. You can also press 0 and turn on the purple cone markers as in the previous version. Also when you reach the hold point you should see a row of red lights across the runway hold line. These lights extinguish when you are cleared onto the runway. The green and red lights appear automatically and do not have to be toggled on as do the cones.

Just worth noting that the taxi light feature only works where there is dedicated 'ground' frequency ( or so I believe from a quick glance at the new documentation).Took off from Newcastle(EGNT), no taxi lights, landed Birmingham (EGBB) lights were there once taxi instructions received.Hope that helps OldBadger.