Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

My new dream aircraft... for FS and otherwise...

Chuck Dome has a fairly decent Citation Mustang.... You should find it by doing a google search, if you don't already have it...-JohnEdit: You can get it at fsjets.com....

>(And I think Century of Flight needs some new up-to-date>aircraft. The Century didn't end 40 years ago for gosh>sakes.)Yes. This is something that is still not clear to me. The vintage aircraft look fantastic; but MSFS is not an vintage airshow! We want modern aircraft too. Wny is there no mention of the usual gang of MS aircraft? I hope they include the Cessna 172 at least.Jason

Oh, the usual stuff is there -You can find the links to "modern aircraft" and "historical aircraft" at the top of the page here:http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/features.aspAnd as you can see the modern aircraft... are exactly as they are now. Perhaps at least some virtual cockpits will be added.Andrew>>(And I think Century of Flight needs some new up-to-date>>aircraft. The Century didn't end 40 years ago for gosh>>sakes.)>>Yes. This is something that is still not clear to me. The>vintage aircraft look fantastic; but MSFS is not an vintage>airshow! We want modern aircraft too. Wny is there no mention>of the usual gang of MS aircraft? I hope they include the>Cessna 172 at least.>>Jason>>

The Lear 45 has been totaly rebuilt with a VC.. not sure on what else has been changedBrian

Guest Vulcho

To tell you the truth, I don't want M$ to add any newer age planes. I mean, let's face it: Who flies default planes? The only defaults I fly are C172/182, Caravan, and the Bell. And this is only because I have read comments of people saying that they fly properly. When it comes to bigger planes like the Boeings, noone flies them. Just look at the SS Forum for proof. I think M$ needs to concentrate more on the features they are adding which apparently they are. :)We always have our freeware authors to make the planes we want, right? :Djust my 2 cents....

I want FS2004 just due to the fact that the weather/clouds have finally been a top priority with MS. Looking forward to being at FL350 and seeing volumeteric type clouds near and far.

Eric 

>I mean, let's face it: Who flies default planes? I agree. I don't think I spent more than 10 minutes total flying any default plane. I have better things to do. Lets leave MS to work on the areas they clearly have an impact on: the weather, ATC, scenery.Michael J.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Well, I certainly do, though I will admit to using an updated .air file now and then.Andrew>>I mean, let's face it: Who flies default planes? >>I agree. I don't think I spent more than 10 minutes total>flying any default plane. I have better things to do. Lets>leave MS to work on the areas they clearly have an impact on:>the weather, ATC, scenery.>>Michael J.>>http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest Moghdad

I'm sure 99.99% of FS users fly only stock aircraft, have never heard of AVSIM, and wouldn't know what to do with a third-party addon if it whacked them upside the tush.

>>>I mean, let's face it: Who flies default planes? >>I agree. I don't think I spent more than 10 minutes total>flying any default plane. I have better things to do. Lets>leave MS to work on the areas they clearly have an impact on:>the weather, ATC, scenery.>I actually enjoy them again! With upgraded air.files of course. The defaults produce a very high frame rate on my machine with the virtual cockpits, which makes the good old "seat of the pants" flying with "rudder pedals" very fun. I very much enjoy landings these days in GA aircraft, thanks to the VC's.L.Adamson

I don't bother with the default heavies...apart from the concord in FS2000. That was pretty cool. But I've always used the MSFS default Cessnas. They're great!Another thing springs to mind. Why should we have to rely on a 3rd party aircraft? I expect MSFS to push the boundaries for panels and aircraft forward. MSFS panels on new releases are always the anti-climax for me. Can't they do soemthign exceptional for once? Like Fly! did when it was first released several years ago. What an impact those panels had!!!I'm not knocking MSFS at all, I'm just being demanding!!!jason

Thanks for that. Looks like I didn't read the page properly.