Sign in to follow this  
willemkelder

Automatic flying Avenger

Hallo,After studying the manual of the Avenger as far a possible and try everthing during the flights, i still can not find the "Instrument selector switch" for automatic flying.Sorry but where is that switch located? :( Thanks so farrgds Willem.ps: great job making this avenger.

Hi WilemThat system is not found on the MAAM TBM.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Hallo Mr Bill,BUT BUT sorry to say there is a compleet explantion how to use it in the Avenger in checklist.During cruise etc, etc, with a link to the explantion section "automatic flying".I think i am a little bit lost here. gr Willem.

Hallo Mr Bill,BUT BUT sorry to say there is a compleet explantion how to use it in the Avenger in checklist.During cruise etc, etc, with a link to the explantion section "automatic flying".I think i am a little bit lost here. gr Willem.
It's included in the checklists because they are adapted from real ones that cover aircraft with an autopilot installed, as well as those that do not have them, such as ours. Our original intention was to eventually produce another panel with the more common squared off top, most of which had the autopilot installed, so we left the automatic flying sections in the checklists. This proved to be such a complicated issue, involving not only a new 2D panel, but also changes to the aircraft model itself, that we decided to forgo the option, at least for the time being. Perhaps we will revisit it one day, but for now you will have to make do with the TBF panel and the MAAM TBM panel, both of which are round-topped, and neither equipped with an autopilot.However, you can still use basic FS autopilot functions using the standard FS key commands.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Hallo Mr Bill,Thanks for the explanation.I was back on track after studying the original Handbook there is also a picture of the autopilot on the mainpanel with the so called "instrument selector switch".I thought there was only a switch which i had overlooked somewhere on the panels, but after seeing the picture i understand that this not a small design item.But i have an other question:I saw during the old instruction movie a checklist board/placard on the mainpanel for take off and landing which you can rotate 360 deg.This board/placard is also visible on the on the sim version of the avenger (2D panel) but not readable.Is it perhaps possible to make this as a magnify pop-up like in the DC3 where you can magnify the performens data placard on the main panel. I hope this a little bit easyer.rgds Willem.

Hallo Mr Bill,Thanks for the explanation.I was back on track after studying the original Handbook there is also a picture of the autopilot on the mainpanel with the so called "instrument selector switch".I thought there was only a switch which i had overlooked somewhere on the panels, but after seeing the picture i understand that this not a small design item.But i have an other question:I saw during the old instruction movie a checklist board/placard on the mainpanel for take off and landing which you can rotate 360 deg.This board/placard is also visible on the on the sim version of the avenger (2D panel) but not readable.Is it perhaps possible to make this as a magnify pop-up like in the DC3 where you can magnify the performens data placard on the main panel. I hope this a little bit easyer.rgds Willem.
Hi WillemThe rotating checklist gauge was dropped early in the production run of the Avenger and replaced by the fixed, printed plate you see in our plane. Yes, that checklist could be made into an enlarged pop-up, but it's not on my to-do list at the moment. Between the extensive kneeboard checklists and the hand-written notes that Russ Strine used when learning to fly the Turkey that you will find in the VC's pull-out navigation table, I think we have it pretty well covered.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Hallo Mr Bill,Thank for the reaction.The navigation table is a very nice, but during flying before landing you are to much busy seeking the landing checklist notes on the table, so you are not looking out side anymore and see the instruments.And for magnify with the mouse click sometimes your missed it and the table will folded back in the instrument panel and have to start again to find it.But that is my experience, but no problem i will print it or write it on a piece paper.But still it is a great job your have done and i am waiting for the blackwidow!rgds Willem