Sign in to follow this  
Youngpilot

Help needed! Problem with installation PMDG 737

Hi eveybodyI need your help concerning this problem:I bought the PMDG 737 for FS9.Then I've tried to install it, everything worked. No error message.But if I start the FS9 i don't see the airplane?! I have Windows Vista, and i've already tried to do the installation with admin rights. But i still don't see the 737 in the menu.My System:Intel Quad 4 Core (4x2.67)3 GB RAMNividia Geforce 8800GTWindows Vista 32bitThanks for your help!Greetings Youngpilot

Hi eveybodyI need your help concerning this problem:I bought the PMDG 737 for FS9.Then I've tried to install it, everything worked. No error message.But if I start the FS9 i don't see the airplane?! I have Windows Vista, and i've already tried to do the installation with admin rights. But i still don't see the 737 in the menu.My System:Intel Quad 4 Core (4x2.67)3 GB RAMNividia Geforce 8800GTWindows Vista 32bitThanks for your help!Greetings Youngpilot

Ron Service

I don't have this aircraft,but when FS9 is loaded and you look for the aircraft in the list of available aircraft, do you check the ANY box?It may be listed under PMDG or 737.Also, if you check the FS9 directory under microsoft games,do you have a PMDG directory,and in the aircraft directory do you have a PMDG 737?Ron :(

Ron Service

I don't have this aircraft,but when FS9 is loaded and you look for the aircraft in the list of available aircraft, do you check the ANY box?It may be listed under PMDG or 737.Also, if you check the FS9 directory under microsoft games,do you have a PMDG directory,and in the aircraft directory do you have a PMDG 737?Ron :(
Hi RonThanks for your answer.I don't have an "any" box, i'm using FS9. This box is only in the FSX...In the FS9 directory i have a folder "PMDG" where all the subfolders are in there. Question: Which path does I have to select? I tried C:Programs\Microsoft Games\FS9\AirplanesIs that wrong?GrussRoman

For installation it's usual to select the fs9 installation folder only, rather than any subfolders.The plane should appear in fs9/aircraft folder under pmdg 737-xxx.Under plane selection box in fs9 it's under [aircraft manufacturer] Boeing-pmdg.You don't say if it's the 600/700 or the boxed 800/900 - if you got as a download for 800/900 then you need to have the 600/700 installed as well.Hope this helpsJohn Ellison

For installation it's usual to select the fs9 installation folder only, rather than any subfolders.The plane should appear in fs9/aircraft folder under pmdg 737-xxx.Under plane selection box in fs9 it's under [aircraft manufacturer] Boeing-pmdg.You don't say if it's the 600/700 or the boxed 800/900 - if you got as a download for 800/900 then you need to have the 600/700 installed as well.Hope this helpsJohn Ellison
Hi and thanks for your answer!If tried to install in the main directory but it always apears an error message ---> see Screenshot If I go to "Yes" I don't see the aircrafts in the FS9 menu. Does somebody knows how I can fix that?Greetings Roman

Since you are using the default path for FS9, don't modify the path offered by the installer. Do this to fix your problem: Uninstall the 737 using the control panel. Reinstall the 737 using the default path (changing to the airplane subdirectory is the error). You are trying to make it harder than it really is. Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Since you are using the default path for FS9, don't modify the path offered by the installer. Do this to fix your problem: Uninstall the 737 using the control panel. Reinstall the 737 using the default path (changing to the airplane subdirectory is the error). You are trying to make it harder than it really is. Hope this helps.
Hello Exactly this is my problem (that I can't use the default path).Which control panel do you mean? I don't have an "uninstall.exe" or something like that or I didn't know where it is...Roman

The windows control panel, there is a feature that uninstalls all installed software. Come on Roman, I got to assume a few things here.I suggest using the control panel instead of the installer, which you could use. There is no separate uninstall executable, the installer does both. Basically, you need to remove the install from the wrong location and put it in the correct location, which is the path to the FS9 directory (not any subdirectories).

Dan Downs KCRP

The windows control panel, there is a feature that uninstalls all installed software. Come on Roman, I got to assume a few things here.I suggest using the control panel instead of the installer, which you could use. There is no separate uninstall executable, the installer does both. Basically, you need to remove the install from the wrong location and put it in the correct location, which is the path to the FS9 directory (not any subdirectories).
Ahh you mean the windows control panel. Unfortunatly is the 737 not listet here. I see the PMDG 747 and the MD11 but not the 737 :( Is there an other way to remove it correctly?Thanks for your answersRoman

Try the installer that is in PMDG_737_THE_NEXT_GENERATION.zip, it should ask you if you want to repair or remove... be sure to remove.

Dan Downs KCRP

Try the installer that is in PMDG_737_THE_NEXT_GENERATION.zip, it should ask you if you want to repair or remove... be sure to remove.
No it doesn't. It's like the normal installation, I can select FS9 oder FS2000 but not if i like to install or deinstall :( I think this is because it doesn't find the PMDG737 installed.Roman

I am not smart enought to figure out what you did. It is installed in the wrong place and neither the installer nor the control panel will remove it.... time to email pmdg support for help. You've got an installation that work work or remove in your windows registry and it has got to be cleaned out.Be sure to get an automated response from pmdg.. no response = they didn't get your message. Some have to use gmail depending on your ISP.EDIT: I just remembered something, there is a 737 removal tool at the pmdg website. Please try to use that.

Dan Downs KCRP