Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Problem with MD-11 Lights

Hi Guys n GalsI seem to have err..... broken my runways lights. Looks like no left light at all, and right side light is a good few feet out of kilter :( What do you think, and can we fix it?Ta!

Guest CX355

Wish I could help you, maybe check your acrft cfg folder and see if your missing anything? Otherwise this is an MEL item and a no go..Ha Vincent

Are you using X-Graphics? I seem to remember an issue like this with the MD-11 and X-Graphics. I believe it's fixed by restoring the default landing light texture.

Are you using X-Graphics? I seem to remember an issue like this with the MD-11 and X-Graphics. I believe it's fixed by restoring the default landing light texture.
I sure could not fix it. I don't even know what is happening with it.

Any other texture add-ons of any sort? When did this start happening?

Any other texture add-ons of any sort? When did this start happening?
Hi MikeBecause I've installed a bunch of stuff lately, I don't know what may have caused it. It would probably be simpler just to reinstall the MD-11. It's no big deal - I only use a few paints.

The culprit is usually a replaced spotlight.bmp file. It is not part of the PMDG installation; therefore, reinstalling won't help. Check you spotlight.bmp, should be about 43KB dated same as original FS9 files.

Dan Downs KCRP

The culprit is usually a replaced spotlight.bmp file. It is not part of the PMDG installation; therefore, reinstalling won't help. Check you spotlight.bmp, should be about 43KB dated same as original FS9 files.
Ha,ha........... correct indeed! I just reinstalled and made........ you guessed it - no change at all :( Eeek, what do I do next - any idea?

Repeat: The culprit is usually a replaced spotlight.bmp file. It is not part of the PMDG installation; therefore, reinstalling won't help. Check you spotlight.bmp, should be about 43KB dated same as original FS9 files. Do a file search, find all spotlight.bmp files and use the one that came with FS9 putting it in the textures folder.

Dan Downs KCRP

Repeat: The culprit is usually a replaced spotlight.bmp file. It is not part of the PMDG installation; therefore, reinstalling won't help. Check you spotlight.bmp, should be about 43KB dated same as original FS9 files. Do a file search, find all spotlight.bmp files and use the one that came with FS9 putting it in the textures folder.
Hi DanMy post before was very 'tonge-in-cheek'. I was was laughing about how dumb I'd been. Anyway, have a look below. I've replaced the 'spotlight.bmp' file with a default FSX copy, but still have a problem. It's very strange as no other aircraft do it. As you can see, the PMDG744 is fine too.Any other ideas?

Hmm... I've seen what is shown in your MD11 shot but I cannot remember what fixed it. Be assured it is not a bug in the MD11 but that is no comfort because we don't know what is causing it. I recall one post that showed lights shinning on the ramp in front of the MD11 but they were on the other side of the terminal building... that stuck in my memory.

Dan Downs KCRP

My MD11 does the same thing, Im wondering if it has something to do with my REX textures.