Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Problem with MD-11 Lights

My MD11 does the same thing, Im wondering if it has something to do with my REX textures.
I can't even pinpoint when mine started. I rarely fly at night and i've installed a bunch of stuff. Could be almost anything. It's most anoying as i've decided to start some night time flights.

I have the same exact problem and it is very frustrating...I have managed to fly the plane without, but I really want this fixed. I'm am using fsx.

I have the same exact problem and it is very frustrating...I have managed to fly the plane without, but I really want this fixed. I'm am using fsx.
If you are in DX:10 review mode, this can cause the problem.Sanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

If you are in DX:10 review mode, this can cause the problem.Sanal
No dx10... All works well with 747-400 and the lds 767...

No dx10... All works well with 747-400 and the lds 767...
So, it's not such a common problem as I thought.Guys, if anyone has any thoughts on this, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaze oblige - it's so frustrating.

I have the same problem, although I am running FS9. The outside lights don't show up at all while viewing inside the cockpit.Greg

I see Ian mentioned having REX installed. Anyone else have REX installed?

I see Ian mentioned having REX installed. Anyone else have REX installed?
No but I have xgraphics and asa and I already applied their supposed fix on the matter.

No but I have xgraphics and asa and I already applied their supposed fix on the matter.
I do hav REX installed.

I do hav REX installed.
Dougal, I had this problem. It seems to be something with REX .I solved the problem by changing to the high intensity light option within REX. Hope that helps.

Dougal, I had this problem. It seems to be something with REX .I solved the problem by changing to the high intensity light option within REX. Hope that helps.
Eeeek! To late! As I write my PC is overwriting FSX with a backup installation. Oh well, some you win, some........ :(

Steven, did you try using the original FSX spotlight.bmp file? I don't know if that is their supposed fix, but I know that's worked for others with X-Graphics.
Thanks for the solution. :( I'll have to remember that one for when this comes up again.
Eeeek! To late! As I write my PC is overwriting FSX with a backup installation. Oh well, some you win, some........ :(
Yikes. Ahh well. At least you'll know how to fix it/keep it from happening again, once you get it all reinstalled.

Thanks Ron, I made the switch to the high intensity zeon and it works perfect.

Thanks Ron, I made the switch to the high intensity zeon and it works perfect.
No problem at all. Glad that I could share that with anyone having this problem. Strange how it only affects the MD though :(