Sign in to follow this  
Guest mikeyt

Having problems installing Mega Airport Frankfurt on new PC

Guest mikeyt

Hi there. I have recently upgraded my PC from a P4 3.0Ghz running Windows XP to a new i7 running Vista x64. I run FS9.Lots of people have said FS9 runs beautifully under Vista x64 and so far I've had no problems...The addon sceneries and aircraft have all worked perfectly.....until now!I own the box-CD version of Mega Airport Frankfurt (the original 2005 version) from Aerosoft. This is a genuine CD from them I am not using a hacked / torrented file or anything. Proper box version...When I insert the CD, AVG pops up the following virus message:I click ignore - presuming Aerosoft will not release a virus-ridden CD into the world, and that it's AVG heuristics or something with a false-positive. Then it complained it needed a x64 driver which it installed and then said it needed to reboot. So I did. Then I got an error (which I dont have a screenshot of unfortunately), saying the driver was unsigned and this version of Windows required signed drivers. Now when I try to run the installation for EDDF (after disabling the Resident Shield bit of my virus scanner), I get the following error and installation terminates:Has anyone else had any errors installing Mega Airport Frankfurt 2005 under Vista x64??? (With AVG or not)...This worked perfectly under 32bit XP Pro on my old computer and I love Frankfurt as an airport but would kind of begrudge having to buy it again for the new version...Note that Aerosofts box-CD version of Mega Airport Vienna which I also own, installed without any hitch whatsoever...I have looked over on Aerosoft's site but no luck with any comments, or patches or anything that I can find...Any ideas??????Thanks!

FS9 does indeed run very happily on x64, as I have here.My initial thought here was that I couldn't see why Aerosoft would require any form of h/w driver to install their software - I was going to suggest copying the data onto your HDD, and try running setup from there - it then occured to me that there may be some Digital Restrictions Management software at play here - I don't know if Aerosoft employ such technology on their CD's, but I would imagine there would be some kind of readme there that would tell you this. I know that Starforce, for example, have updated drivers for their copy protection software - http://www.star-force.com/protection.phtml?c=91I'd suggest copying it all down to the HDD anyway and attempt to run setup from there - you may have more luck, and at worst, it'll error and complain about not having a correct CD or something like that!WRT to the AVG virus alert - I get false positives from NOD32 whenever I d/l from Flight 1; I just set an exclusion, and all is well.. I guess its just one of those things with FS software...

Louise

London, UK

Actually, I had the same problem and Aerosoft sent me a new CD. Contact support over at Aerosoft.

Guest mikeyt
Actually, I had the same problem and Aerosoft sent me a new CD. Contact support over at Aerosoft.
Thanks altstiff, I have emailed support@aerosoft.com and given them the whole story. I hope they are able to help. Appreciate the advice and glad I am not the only one with the problem!!!Mike :-)