Sign in to follow this  
coley

Joystick hat switch control in VC mode

Using the hat to pan is it possibe to stop the view returning to the orignal postion. Like the same way you use the mouse.Thanks Coley

Guest napamule

I am not an expert but I know you can modify the hat switch (and numpad) pan via the 'cameras.cfg' (in XP: C:\Documents and Settings\"your-username"\Application Data\Microsoft\Flight Simulator X). A google search might lead to exact parameter to change. It's tricky, but not any heavy programming. What you need is a LEGEND to tell you what does which so you get desired results, instead of days of trial and error(oh, make backup, and take notes). I have been wanting to 'fool' with camera cfg but have been too busy elsewhere. Views are important aspect to simming. I use spacebar+mouse to set spot view how I want it, but never messed much with VC views. This is a different operation from the camera views listed in aircraft.cfg, just so you know. I inport FS9 aircraft into FSX and have not yet mastered changing THOSE views either. I make videos (YouTube/SimTube) and should learn this. Made a video yesterday of fast cars at Salt Flats (going 850 Kts- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuIfy52b5_U ) and could of used these 'views', so I better get busy learning.Chuck BNapamule

Guest napamule

Coley,Just started search for camera cfg topics and this came up (thread here at AvSim: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=64830 ). It's 2007 info so there is bound to be more recent version and/or info out there. It's the 'walk' program for FSX, freeware, and it can change/add to VC views, if I understand it right. In this thread the program's author pipes in, to 4 pages worth of replys / questions, etc. Worth reading if only out of curiosity, but it's technical enough.Chuck BNapamule

Hi Coley and everyone.If you have a free Z axis, the Twist normally used for Rudder, assign it to Look left / right, very quick and easy way to look to the sides, and that will return you to the Center also. Play with the Null zone to eliminate interference with other axis.You can also assign a button to Reset your forward view. TV

Using the hat to pan is it possibe to stop the view returning to the orignal postion. Like the same way you use the mouse.Thanks Coley
Coley,The ONLY camera definition that has a default 'return to center' for the tophat is the 2D Cockpit; all other cameras stay where you pan them.You can change the operation for the generic cameras in the cameras.cfg2D parameter - returns to centerPanPbhReturn = Trueall other panable cameras - stay where you leave themPanPbhReturn = FalseLoyd

Thanks for the reply people. I found a program called xpander to reconfigure my xbox controller. I have to say it is fantastic program for fsx also the xbox controller is pure quality for flying I like flying the 737 free hand until toc and tod it makes landing and take off a breeze. I have now put my sidewinder to bed for good!many Thanks Coley