Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manny

How to do a second IFR from the airport you just reached?

OK.. I just flew from Airport A to Airport B in IFR and landed. Then I wanted to do another IFR flight from B to C. What is the best way to do this without exiting FSX?MannyPS: This version is so much better...it looks like.PS2. When I was doing Vox Indexer, it used to get stuck at some addon scenery bgl file. The only way I could get past that was either to uncheck that scenery or remove the BGL. I put the BGL back after the indexer completed. Not sure if others had this issue or not.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

OK.. I just flew from Airport A to Airport B in IFR and landed. Then I wanted to do another IFR flight from B to C. What is the best way to do this without exiting FSX
You don't have to fully exit FSX. Just click disable on the VoxATC window and then end your first flight. You will need to have previously created the flight plan for your second leg, loaded the flight and then saved it. After exiting your first flight just load the second one and relaunch VoxATC. VoxATC should always be launched after you load a saved flight. Also if you are using the built in SID / STAR feature you should load another flight, such as your default flight, and then load your flight with the SID and/or STAR or the SID / STAR will not be activated by ATC. Hope this helps.

You don't have to fully exit FSX. Just click disable on the VoxATC window and then end your first flight. You will need to have previously created the flight plan for your second leg, loaded the flight and then saved it. After exiting your first flight just load the second one and relaunch VoxATC. VoxATC should always be launched after you load a saved flight. Also if you are using the built in SID / STAR feature you should load another flight, such as your default flight, and then load your flight with the SID and/or STAR or the SID / STAR will not be activated by ATC. Hope this helps.
OK..I don't have to exit FSX, but I still have to exit the flight and reload another..right? Thats the part that takes a long time. It would be great if, after I landed from my first flight do a disable VOX, that I do a new flight plan and enable VOX and go.Thanks . Manny

you can do that. just disable voxatc, then go to the flight planner, create the flight and the route. then enable voxatc again, and there you go

In my experience, this does not work... I have tried to load a flight while in game and VOXATC wont read it. I get "No Flight Plan loaded" even tough the FSX GPS shows the new flight plan