Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

Any way to make rain louder?

Andrew,There are two ways of doing this.1. Use the sound setup feature and turn up overall sound voulume, external sound volume and turn down engine sounds. You will need to experiment with this a little until you find settings that you like. This also turns up the "other" external sounds.2. Use an audio editor to turn up the sound volume output of the wav file used for the rain on the canopy. I have personally never done that and would not attempt to do it either since I am too afraid to mess it all up, but if you know what you are doing this could be the better option since this will only affect the sounds for the rain and not the other ambient sounds.Hope that helpsHappy flyingRalph HummelStaff ReviewerAVSIM Online

Ralph - wow, thanks for the fast reply.I'll try both!Cheers,Andrew>Andrew,>>There are two ways of doing this.>>1. Use the sound setup feature and turn up overall sound>voulume, external sound volume and turn down engine sounds.>You will need to experiment with this a little until you find>settings that you like. This also turns up the "other">external sounds.>>2. Use an audio editor to turn up the sound volume output of>the wav file used for the rain on the canopy. I have>personally never done that and would not attempt to do it>either since I am too afraid to mess it all up, but if you>know what you are doing this could be the better option since>this will only affect the sounds for the rain and not the>other ambient sounds.>>Hope that helps>>Happy flying>>Ralph Hummel>Staff Reviewer>AVSIM Online

Andrew,You are more than welcome. :)Happy flyingRalph HummelStaff ReviewerAVSIM Online

Good advice, but for option 2) i would make sure to back up the .wav files first... also, check the audiolevel setting and when you hear the first signs of crackling noises (in this case you should well be above 0db or 100%) turn it down a bit to avoid overdrive. Digital overdrive is really bad, your rain will likely come out like an electromagnetical pulse bomb if you exaggerate it :-)If your audio editor allows it, I'd rather use a compressor plug-in to heighten the volume base level and "compact" the sound by at the same time limiting it to a maximum dynamic level...cu,celticmatrix

>Digital overdrive is really bad, your rain>will likely come out like an electromagnetical pulse bomb if>you exaggerate it :-)LOL :-lol !!!Good one. :DThanks! :-hahEtienne :-wave