Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaskanFactor

REX Textures + ASA weather = FS11

Guest santiagoluib3
those screenshots look completely unrealistic, more like a painting than trying to sim real life. the colors are too extreme.
It can be a matter of personal taste, but I agree with you. Many sky themes are too blue to be true in my taste. For me, realistic image is in the less saturated (less poppy) colors. Otherwise, they look too "walt disney" for my taste. Well, to each his own.

It can be a matter of personal taste, but I agree with you. Many sky themes are too blue to be true in my taste. For me, realistic image is in the less saturated (less poppy) colors. Otherwise, they look too "walt disney" for my taste. Well, to each his own.
You guys are exactly correct. There is not 100% reality in the sim yet.Consider exactly 10 years ago the clouds in fs looked like giant ice cubes.This is closer. Walt disney maybe-but a lot closer.I wish other aspects of the sim were so close....

those screenshots look completely unrealistic, more like a painting than trying to sim real life. the colors are too extreme.
You know you have different themes to choose from, so you can adjust the colors to your personal taste, right?These were just examples where i picked up different colors of the sky and different clouds.Cheers

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest jaskanFactor
You can actually use both if you like and choose the items you prefer on either, eg. REX for airport concrete/asphalt and water, FEX for clouds, or a cloud type (cirrus, cumulus)... etc.
I have had a chance to try ASA+REX for a few days now, and i have to say1 - Dont Bother with FEX clouds, REX is Better clouds or equal atleast2 - Dont compare with reality, but compare with default fsx. In which case its a massive improvement