Sign in to follow this  

ATTN: Please Help me stop this Shuttering Crackling Noise!!!!

HiI am desperately looking for help and a solution, I am experiencing crackling distorted noises in Flight Simulator 2002. This only occurs when you enter thick clouds, it

The problem happens mostly with SoundBlaster Live! series of sound cards. If you have this card there is a *patch* that might work so search the soundblaster site. Other than this card issue I cannot help you...[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. SmithSan Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3] [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG @ 215/545|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

I had something similar, and changing the display drivers solved it. I'm currently using 43.00 with my GeForce2Ti 64Mb card under WinXP Home.Alastair

HiThanks for reply, I've downloaded the latest 43.45 Drivers from NVIDIA but I still get the stuttering noises when enter thick clouds. When you change side view it goes back to normal, I don't understand, all I want is just a fix.I am running on Pentium III 933Mhz.I've contacted Microsoft who are appalling, they do not have any knowledge of thier own products, all there concerned about after being placed 20 mins on hold, is your name, address, tel, life history.Please can anyobody help me find a solution two the above problem.Appreciate everybodys input into this thread.Look foward for replies .

Guest Barney1

I experienced a combination of stuttering/sound problems after going to dx9.0 and eventually 9.0a, which reinforces some opinions that if a program is designed for a particular version of dx, then there's no point in "upgrading" just because another edition becomes available. I found that returning to Nvidia 29.42 driver seemed to improve things although I probably suffer a bit of an FPS reduction compared with the latest renditions of drivers. However, overall performance is improved....no stuttering and no sound anomalies. My card is also a GeForce 2Ti.

I also had sound problems with the 43.45 drivers.. the most stable drivers ever were the 30.82 drivers, and I would go back to them if I still had problems.. but I get the best graphics quality with the just released 43.51 drivers and with them the sound problems have pretty much gone away on my system.. So the 43.51 (www.guru3d.com) drivers are it for now..

Bert

HiThanks for your replyDrivers below 41.09 does not have Aainstrophic (Hope I seplt it right) but anyway they do not have it, so as you pointed out performance is reduced. Is there anyway I can find a driver with A-Alaising and Ainsotrohic Filter that I can use which will also solve the horrible sound problems I am experiencing. I am using Just Flight Active Sky and the stuttering is really spoiling it.ThanksLook fwd to replies.It is now 10PM UK time, so I will check Saturday "Tomorow" for any replies

HiThe only thing with the 30.82 Drivers is that I cannot find anyway of applying Ainsotrpohic Filtering : It makes a bigb difference for me.If there is a way please can somebody let me know.This stuttering in the clouds is so frustrating.Thanks

Hi,Try to find this file on the web "vlatency_V020_beta21.exe" (only 17Kb) but it solved my crackling sound. There is some struggle between VIA chips and SB. This small routine sets some parameters and solves it.hm

You can also find the PCI Latency Timer setting in the system BIOS. When I had a VIA MVP3 (yuck!) this had to be set to very low to fix the crackling sound.If you have a VIA board, play around with the latency timer value in BIOS or try the latency patch. Make sure you're using the latest drivers for the soundcard and the latest VIA drivers as well. Sometimes, a specific NVidia driver, even an older one, will work better than others on your particular system. If you feel the Control Panel provided with older drivers is limited, use a third party program such as RivaTuner to set "hidden" settings such as special FSAA modes or Anisotropic Filtering.Really, though, I don't recommend Soundblaster live cards at all. The audio quality is poor, the CPU usage is fairly high and they are incompatible with mostly everything.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

You can apply AF with the 30.82 drivers by using Rivatuner, downloadable from www.guru3d.com.

Bert