Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

PSS 777 VC pop up displays ?

I fly everything exclusively in the VC as I have Triplehead2Go. In the 777, I can click on the PFD and the upper EICAS and they appear as floating displays in VC mode that I can resize and move around, etc.,, but I cannot do the same with either the Navigation display or the lower EICAS. Should I be able to do so and if so is there a setting I need to configure for that?Appreciate any info/guidance, thanks!JS

Hi!I don't fly in the VC, but the right click spots for those windows are in the left top corner. Just make sure your hand has a "-" inside and that's it!I believe that the clicksopts in the middle are for the zoom function on the normal panel.Hope this helps you!Soft Landings! :(

Hi!I don't fly in the VC, but the right click spots for those windows are in the left top corner. Just make sure your hand has a "-" inside and that's it!I believe that the clicksopts in the middle are for the zoom function on the normal panel.Hope this helps you!Soft Landings! :(
Yes, one would think that the famed MS "hand" is evidence of something clickable/displayable. Not so in the VC--or in the 2D either. The PFD floats as does the upper EICAS, but the ND and the lower EICAS do not float despite the appearance of the hand.JS

The "hand" on the top left corner of these displays turn into a "-" and that's where you can click and they will pop-up.Soft Landings! :(

The "hand" on the top left corner of these displays turn into a "-" and that's where you can click and they will pop-up.Soft Landings! :(
Aha! I shall look for such a sign (!) from the gods of the PC world. Thanks.JS

You're welcome! :( Soft Landings! :(
Well, I just tried. Here's what happens. In the VC, there is no + or - on the hand or around it but the hand does click to float the PFD and the upper EICAS. However, there is no floating of the nav display or the lower eicas.In the 2D screen, nothing floats at all if I click the hand: but the + appears inside the PFD and the upper eicas. Not that it does anything.I CAN float ALL four cockpit instrument screens if I go to the FS9 menu bar and click on VIEWS and then INSTRUMENT PANEL. So that is good to know.Not a big deal. I think this might possibly be caused by my using Triplehead2Go with 3 LCDs. Don't really know. But now that the VIEWS thing works, I am OK with it all.JS

Oops! I confused right with left! Sorry! :( I meant to say top right corner! It might be just outside of the actual display. As a curiosity, on my version (Just Flight DVD fully patched to SP2), on the normal panel (2D or whatever they call it these days) the clickspot for the lower EICAS is where the words "BOEING 777" are, especially the Boeing part! If you go bellow that, it is the clickspot for the pedestral!Soft Landings! :(

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.