Guest Nick_N
Hi Nick,I am waiting to purchase the I7 975, is this not a second Gen I7?Thanks again Nick
Yes it is.. enjoyAny of them will work. They are all the same memory chips. The only difference between them is the PCB layer design, the cooling solution and the SPD information programmed by the memory manufactureGSkill also just released a set as well with a fan module..http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....8354&name=7 :(

Hi Nick,Thanks for all the help, I can put a computer together just fine but all this other stuff, I'm lost.The OCZ memory from mwave, is it on par with the one I originally selected from Corsair?. Corsair is out of stock and the OCZ is available, they both offer lifetime warranties so if there is no difference, I'll purchase the OCZ this way I'll have everything ready to go once the I7 975 is released.Thanks again Nick

Yes it is.. enjoy :(

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest Nick_N
Hi Nick,Thanks for all the help, I can put a computer together just fine but all this other stuff, I'm lost.The OCZ memory from mwave, is it on par with the one I originally selected from Corsair?. Corsair is out of stock and the OCZ is available, they both offer lifetime warranties so if there is no difference, I'll purchase the OCZ this way I'll have everything ready to go once the I7 975 is released.Thanks again Nick
You want some advice on that memory purchase?Wait till you order the procReason.. they are all just hitting the market and there will be a price war so to speak. I would let them hit the market and duke it out a bit before selecting. You may find buying now can cost you another 100+GSkill is also releasing a kit like Corsair with the fan module toohttp://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....8354&name=7

Hi,Thanks Everyone, Looks like I'm going to end up with a nice system. I just ordered the P6T Deluxe V2 board from Newegg, I'll return the other one tomorrow.I'll wait on the memory until I order the I7 975, hope its released soon.Nick, you may know better than I. Should I install an operating system on both drives?. Will this improve performance or hinder it?. I have three Windows Vista 64 Bit (Ultimate) licenses.orShould I install one copy of Vista on a drive by itself and install FS2004 on one drive and FSX on another drive.Thanks again

You want some advice on that memory purchase?Wait till you order the procReason.. they are all just hitting the market and there will be a price war so to speak. I would let them hit the market and duke it out a bit before selecting. You may find buying now can cost you another 100+GSkill is also releasing a kit like Corsair with the fan module toohttp://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....8354&name=7

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest Nick_N
Hi,Thanks Everyone, Looks like I'm going to end up with a nice system. I just ordered the P6T Deluxe V2 board from Newegg, I'll return the other one tomorrow.I'll wait on the memory until I order the I7 975, hope its released soon.Nick, you may know better than I. Should I install an operating system on both drives?. Will this improve performance or hinder it?. I have three Windows Vista 64 Bit (Ultimate) licenses.orShould I install one copy of Vista on a drive by itself and install FS2004 on one drive and FSX on another drive.Thanks again
OS on one drive, performance application on the other.. no partitionsFS9? Geeez! With that system FS9 is gonna run like a rocket fitted with a warp core LOLNone the less... FSX or FS9 goes on the other drive in simple directory named FSX or FS9 and with Vista make sure you set the permissions to full on the folder.. shut down UAC.. its that simple and then after everything is installed, ie; programs into OS, OS updates, MSFS, addons, etc.. correctly defrag both drives with a 3rd party defrag solution.. I suggest O&O Defrag and use the COMPLETE NAME methodIf you intend to install both FS9 and FSX I would suggest you make sure the 2nd drive will have at least and at minimum with EVERYTHING installed 35% free space left.. I would even push that back to 50% for best results.. more freespace is better than less. Choose the MSFS version you wish to use more than the other and name the install folder so it appears FIRST in the directory tree on the driveIf you wish FS9 to be the primary, naming the 2 install folders FSX and FS9 will place FS9 above in a name defrag. If you wish the opposite then simply select a name for the 2 folders that will reverse that order. That way when you name defrag the MSFS version of choice will be placed closer to the edge of the platter for faster access.Strictly from the point of view in keeping the Vista nanny system from slowing you down, DO not install ANYTHING in the programs folder with Vista as it still nannys any application launched from the Program Files folder regardless of what you do in UAC settings

Hi,Just wanted to say "Thanks" to everyone for all your help.Newegg has some fast shipping, the P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard just arrived, now that's fast shipping.

Hi,Just wanted to say "Thanks" to everyone for all your help.Newegg has some fast shipping, the P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard just arrived, now that's fast shipping.
I will be very interested to find out what performance you get with the i7 975 and fs 9.Thanks.Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi Everyone,Well, I'm just about done. Here are the final results.1. I7 975 Processor (When Released)2. ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 Motherboard3. BFG GTX 285 Nvidia Video Board (OverClocked Core Clock: 702MHz / Memory Data Rate: 2664MHz)4. 6 Gig Corsair or OCZ DDR3 Memory 2000mhz (7-8-7-20)5. 3 - 10,000 RPM SATA Hard Drives6. Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS7. Enermax Galaxy 1000 Watt Power Supply8. 1 - Sony DVD D/L Burner9. 1 - ASUS DVD D/L BurnerAs soon as its built I'll get the performance data online. I'm not expecting miracles with FSX, but 99% of my flying is with the Boeing 767-300ER from Level-D and FS9 (with at least $1,000.00 in addons).Either way, FS9 will be smoking fast. If FSX is below what I consider acceptable, it will go back in the box. If on the other hand it reaches rates I am seeing with FS9 now, I'll stick with FSX.I'll just have to wait and see.

I will be very interested to find out what performance you get with the i7 975 and fs 9.Thanks.Jose

Guest djt01
If on the other hand it reaches rates I am seeing with FS9 now, I'll stick with FSX.I'll just have to wait and see.
You're not going to get the

Hi,Low and slow is one thing. However, I'm an airline pilot, "100%" of my flight simulator time is spent in a Boeing airliner. If FSX is unable to keep acceptable frame rates at major airports with traffic then FSX is useless to me, I'm not interested in taking pretty screen shots.If FSX is capable of remaining studder free, then I will dump FS9 with my $1,000.00+ worth of addons and make the move to FSX, I'm not holding my breath though.So, who knows. Someday soon I may be flying within the world of FSX. If not, FS9 is going to be that much better.

Guest simjunkie
You're not going to get the

Guest djt01
Those are some very nice screenies. A couple of those wouldn't happen to be in Albuquerque, NM would it? San Dias Mtn range?-jk
You are correct, it's Albuquerque. That says a lot for UTX/GEX to be able to pick out where the screen was taken when it's not even photo scenery.

Mike,I've waited 6 years for hardware that would run FS9 properly and I still can't get 60 fps with the Manhattan Scenery and FS9.I still see the momentary scenery loads when you look left or right and I'm still dealing with shimmering textures.It looks significantly better and 30-40 fps with high settings is NOT 5-10 fps, but the i7 965 could be the one. I say it could be the one. I'm hopeful!I can tell you that from my years and years of building computers for fs and my DJ business that it will probably take FSX, X years for the hardware to catch up. LOL Maybe I'm just exaggerating, but that's how long I feel is taking me to get FS9 to look and perform the way it should.The i7 975 is expected in late May. Keep us toned.Striker ExtremeX6850 @34 Gig Ram8800Ultra2 Raptors in Raid OWin XP Pro

Hi,Whats nice about the I7, they are real easy to overclock, even with air cooling. The 920 is capable of running at 3.8ghz, it can go higher but the voltage/performance benefit doesn't warrant an increase above 3.8.I figure the I7 975 should put me at about 4.5ghz, I think FS9 should have more than enough processor power to run extremely smooth, I also believe going to a 64 bit O/S is going to help as well. If I get the performance I'm getting now with FS9 with the new setup at about 4.5ghz with FSX, I'd be more than satisfied with the upgrade. If the performance boost is not there for FSX, I still have FS9 that should be smoking fast with everything maxed.

Hi,Whats nice about the I7, they are real easy to overclock, even with air cooling. The 920 is capable of running at 3.8ghz, it can go higher but the voltage/performance benefit doesn't warrant an increase above 3.8.I figure the I7 975 should put me at about 4.5ghz, I think FS9 should have more than enough processor power to run extremely smooth, I also believe going to a 64 bit O/S is going to help as well. If I get the performance I'm getting now with FS9 with the new setup at about 4.5ghz with FSX, I'd be more than satisfied with the upgrade. If the performance boost is not there for FSX, I still have FS9 that should be smoking fast with everything maxed.
Mike,After my Core 2 upgrade to the E6700 the greatest improvement I've seen is when I went from to 2 meg to 4 meg. In clouds the fps went up by 10 fps. That's significant! I tried 6 megs with xP 64 but I saw no improvement. I also tried the E8600 and saw a few more fps but not as smooth as it should be. Not worth the upgrade from anx6850. I realized that you are dealing with a CPU hog. But, you need faster motherboard, faster ram, faster CPU, fast hard drives, and the fastest video card. You can't take a short cut when it comes to fs.As I've stated, stay in touch. If I upgrade to a i7 965 this month, I will post my results.