Sign in to follow this  
Guest rodhamilton1

Goflight and Vista 64 Problems

Guest rodhamilton1

Hello,I just purchased 5 new goflight modules. I have read the Goflight forum and have noticed that other people were having some problems getting FSX to recognize the control modules. I have loaded the new drivers 1.81 and the calibration screen loads up and lets me assign various controls and commands.When I fly in FSX there is nothing from the control modules. From reading the Goflight forums, Users say that an edit to the exe. xml will work. I can not this this EXE.XML file anywhere in my FSX Folders. I do have a ddl.XML file in the app/user/microsoft/FSX but where is the exe.xml file? It appears to me that when I loaded the goflight software, this file did not load? . Also what is FSX data bridge . Do I need simconnect loaded and if so whee do I get this? I have FSX acceleration installed as well.Can someone help me get my goflight controls working?ThanksRod.

Hello,I just purchased 5 new goflight modules. I have read the Goflight forum and have noticed that other people were having some problems getting FSX to recognize the control modules. I have loaded the new drivers 1.81 and the calibration screen loads up and lets me assign various controls and commands.When I fly in FSX there is nothing from the control modules. From reading the Goflight forums, Users say that an edit to the exe. xml will work. I can not this this EXE.XML file anywhere in my FSX Folders. I do have a ddl.XML file in the app/user/microsoft/FSX but where is the exe.xml file? It appears to me that when I loaded the goflight software, this file did not load? . Also what is FSX data bridge . Do I need simconnect loaded and if so whee do I get this? I have FSX acceleration installed as well.Can someone help me get my goflight controls working?ThanksRod.
Hi Rod,Find the GFDevFSX.exe in the Goflight folder and put a shortcut on your desktop for now. Just run that exe before starting FSX. That is the FSX Data Bridge. You can add it the dll.xml so it will start the bridge when you launch FSX. Hope this helps.Bob..

Hi Rod,Using notepad, create a file called EXE.XML in the same directory where fsx.cfg is stored, and paste the following into it. Just make sure the "path" entry in the text below matches where you have installed the goflight software:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>EXE.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>True</Launch.ManualLoad> <Launch.Addon> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Name>GoFlight Hardware Interface</Name> <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\GoFlight\GFDevFSX.exe</Path> <CommandLine></CommandLine> </Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

Stephen Munn

Guest rodhamilton1

HI Guys,I fixed the problem by loading the older 1.71 software. This created an exe. xml file in the appropriate folder. I the un installed the old software and replaced it with the new 1.81 software. My goflight system works!!Thanks to all who repondedRegards Rod.