Sign in to follow this  
MeneMene

what new stuff does fsx have?

I can't afford a Track IR, and I didn't know Active Camera could do that. I'll look into it. Thanks. :(
Indeed, active camera has settings for head lag because of G's, turbulence, stalls, and ground roughness...complete with sound effects for each....and gives you many new view options.I had it and loved it until I got my TrackIR...which i love even more

I can't afford a Track IR, and I didn't know Active Camera could do that. I'll look into it. Thanks. :(
A free TrackIR alternative that's worth checking out:free-track.netWorks great with both FS9 and FSX.

"Even Ozzy's wagging his tail again. Liam who?"

A free TrackIR alternative that's worth checking out:free-track.netWorks great with both FS9 and FSX.
Thanks.My own invention (I'm so proud :( ) is the C1 Toe Track. I plug in a second mouse and use it on the floor with my toes, sometimes tape helps. Works great in IL2-46. Not quick or accurate enough for combat, but for just looking around while flying it's surprisinly good. And free!I should try to set it up with FS9.

C1 Toe Track. That's bloody genious! I'll try that out while I'm assembling the Freetrack thing.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Actually, I was thinking about this the ther day. What DOES FSX provide that FS9 can't?
Actually, the question also can be asked the other way around - what can FS9 do that FSX can't? (oh well, performance is one thing) well.. not that much, and then you can proceed to the list of things FSX really DOES provide ..Usually when ppl start to discuss the differences FS9 vs FSX usually it ends up with mildly sarcastic comments about elephants and deserts, just like in this thread.But seriously, what would be really interesting is to see a list compiled of the really interesting changes and features from the ADVANCED user and the DEVELOPER standpoint. Because what I've understood, in FSX there are a LOT of improvements under the hood, things that are 100x easier to accomplish and many many things simply impossible in FS9.I have yet to see such a list unfortunately.These things may not be the ones advertised on Microsoft's feature lists for the consumer, but they do say a lot to the more advanced users and especially developers. Just look at what say OrbX has achieved in scenery development with FSX. I bet most of it would have not been possible without the FSX advanced features.Another good example of what can be done in FSX is the upcoming Finland X by FISD
One addon that I for one eagerly await and would not be possible in FS9, is EzDok http://www.youtube.com/user/MarniftarrThings that I personally appreciate are (not based on own experience, but developer comments):+ self shadows and lighting possibilities in the VC (wow!)+ advanced scenery development features too many to mention all (raster+vector landclass, new landclass types, more advanced+customizeable autogen, increased resolution possibilities, ability refresh scenery on the fly..)+ advances possibilities in aircraft system developement (again too many to mention, simply no need to "force" the add-on around the simulations weak points - just as PMDG and Level-D for one)+ land / sea traffic added to the AI selection (especially the empty seas of FS9 are a turnoff for me)+ round earth... add your own favourites!!

Thanks.My own invention (I'm so proud :( ) is the C1 Toe Track. I plug in a second mouse and use it on the floor with my toes, sometimes tape helps. Works great in IL2-46. Not quick or accurate enough for combat, but for just looking around while flying it's surprisinly good. And free!I should try to set it up with FS9.
--------------"Canada One/ Tower- please ensure you 'toe the line' before entering the runway!" Alex Reid

I might have a extra TrackIR 2 Pro around here if you want it.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest lgvpilot1
Actually, the question also can be asked the other way around - what can FS9 do that FSX can't? (oh well, performance is one thing) well.. not that much, and then you can proceed to the list of things FSX really DOES provide ..Usually when ppl start to discuss the differences FS9 vs FSX usually it ends up with mildly sarcastic comments about elephants and deserts, just like in this thread.But seriously, what would be really interesting is to see a list compiled of the really interesting changes and features from the ADVANCED user and the DEVELOPER standpoint. Because what I've understood, in FSX there are a LOT of improvements under the hood, things that are 100x easier to accomplish and many many things simply impossible in FS9.I have yet to see such a list unfortunately.These things may not be the ones advertised on Microsoft's feature lists for the consumer, but they do say a lot to the more advanced users and especially developers. Just look at what say OrbX has achieved in scenery development with FSX. I bet most of it would have not been possible without the FSX advanced features.Another good example of what can be done in FSX is the upcoming Finland X by FISD
One addon that I for one eagerly await and would not be possible in FS9, is EzDok http://www.youtube.com/user/MarniftarrThings that I personally appreciate are (not based on own experience, but developer comments):+ self shadows and lighting possibilities in the VC (wow!)+ advanced scenery development features too many to mention all (raster+vector landclass, new landclass types, more advanced+customizeable autogen, increased resolution possibilities, ability refresh scenery on the fly..)+ advances possibilities in aircraft system developement (again too many to mention, simply no need to "force" the add-on around the simulations weak points - just as PMDG and Level-D for one)+ land / sea traffic added to the AI selection (especially the empty seas of FS9 are a turnoff for me)+ round earth... add your own favourites!!
This is the sort of thing as an FS9 user I would like to see in response to the question ,a sensible answer instead of my sim is better than your sim Now admittedly these items alone are not going to make me abandon FS9 in a hurry , but it is nice to know if you do decide to upgrade, what you can expect to gain , or loose if you go back to FS9For me at least the cost of duplicating my aircraft and payware addons in FSX compared to the gains makes little sense at the moment ,but FSX will be my next sim.Mark

sorry to ask again, but could somebody tell me if the fs9 world isn't round? If it isn't, how do long-distance flights work?

sorry to ask again, but could somebody tell me if the fs9 world isn't round? If it isn't, how do long-distance flights work?
Seriously? When you buy a map (like a sectional) and use it to navigate, how do you use it to go from point a to point b when it is flat but the world is round? Just like a flat map works, so does FS. The only problem is that flights over the poles is inaccurate since the world it flat.

Also, If I remember correctly, in fs you are not actually 'moving' per se. Rather, the world is being recreated under you, sort of like having aforementioned map slid beneath your aircraft, only the 'map' is in 3d.

Regards,

Mark