Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwright

New Fs2004 Screenshots

Guest oyvindhansen

Hmmm, clouds looking good, lear looking good for a change, the comet looks cool, 777 is still a hideous monster.- Oyvind

I particularly like the water effect in the one Spriit of St Louis shot.Jeff

Guest Max Cowgill

mmmmmmmmmmm ::drools:: I see the blurries are still present though :(

What blurries? - all look pretty good to me!Mike

Guest DanWalloch

Too bad everyone has to wait until July 29th to buy it....!! :-(

Lets start with the bad & ugly - cockpits.But everything else is top notch - water effects (superb), ground textures, clouds.Someone mentioned scenery blurries ? I don't see much but if there are any - I like it. In the struggle between smooth flight experience and sharp scenery I always take the former.Michael J.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Hi Max,My humble apologies - I looked again more closely at the first one and yes you are quite correct. However, from experience I would say it's easily rectified.**** 43.45 Omega (quality) drivers tweaked with Texture level 8 Anisotropy and -0.1 Mipmapping LOD bias = beautiful image on a Ti 4400 coupled with a Sony G200 Mutiscan 17" at 1280x960x32 ****Mike

The water in the pics looks great! I still think the clouds don't look as good as what you can achieve with FSSkyworld sets, but it is early. I only pray they did try to optimize the code to allow for more design freedom without dragging the FPS to a crawl. Looking forward to July!Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Hi, "I still think the clouds don't look as good as what you can achieve with FSSkyworld sets"The clouds looks good and sometime less. Anyways I will do fs sky world for fs2004 from scratch to provide the full capability from fs2004. From what I have seen, the clouds result should blow previous fs sky world with the fs2k4 new technique but much more complex to do. This is something I have been waiting long time in Msfs. When it's get complex and hard, it's better.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Richard_H

It's hitting almost all my hot spots.Love the DC3 exterior - that went straight onto my wallpaper. Looking forward to the Cub. Lovely cloudsWorries -The Mooney VC does not look like a quantum leap. Does anyone know if it will be clickable now?The pictures are not a great showcase for the generic scenery. Suspect there won't be great leaps there.

Hi, "The Mooney VC does not look like a quantum leap. Does anyone know if it will be clickable now?The pictures are not a great showcase for the generic scenery. Suspect there won't be great leaps there."All fs2004 aircraft have 3d virtual cockpit with no exception, they have all 3d virtual cockpit and are all clickable.As for the scenery, I think it will be good to see those new 12 detailed airports with the photo sat and improved autogen, as for the improved scenery, Most shots have been showing the weather and environment for now.In the previous fs2004 video, I have seen improved and new generic texture than fs2002.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Cool! Look at the subtle horizon lighting effect in the Mooney VC shot. Really adds depth. :-cool :-cool :-cool[p]

Guest Barney1

DC 3 livery is very close to RCAF scheme.