Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwright

New Fs2004 Screenshots

I personally like the fact that in the pic of the VC Mooney we now have the nose part of the plane viewable and it doesnt end at the dashboard anymore.Kilstorm

Hi all,Max, this is my impression too. So fuss about the clouds and weather optimization or revamping, or call it what you like, and that's all. To me, the latest FS2004 screenshots could be easily considered as "medium-class add-on enhanced FS2002 screenshots". FS98 screens had something new and different to show over FS95. The same goes with the FS2k transition over FS98 and the FS2k2 over FS2k. "I don't see those few improvements/additions taking up the full 2 year dev. cycle in between FS releases...", quoting Max from above and adding, as long as the selected promotional screenshots faithfully reflect MS's expectations about revamping their target audience too...Regards,ToucHDowN.

Guest Max Cowgill

>Max,>>The first time you take off and climb to altitude with the new>weather engine, I am sure you will be happy. Eric, as am I! I'm not complaining about the new sky/weather engine whatsoever! I'm "complaining" about the apparent lack of other enhancements to the sim. The new sky/weather looks fantastic and I can't wait to start flying through fully 3d clouds rather than the pathetic 2d clouds we've had since the early 90's...regards,Max Cowgill

Guest Eric

Hi, "I'm "complaining" about the apparent lack of other enhancements to the sim"Like what's? I have read and see there is 12 detailed airports photo sat and 3d airports, improved weather lights on the engine, new world wide ground generic terrain, new GPS system and Data, Improved AI Traffic and Atc with weather interaction , taxiway and runway signs at airports, expanded and Improved autogen scenery, more visual effects, detail and enhancements to the entire scenery system. all aicraft contains 3d virtual cockpits with working gauges and clickable, 15 new aircraft.Only the weather system cost at least 30$ to me and the 12 detailed airports with photo sat cost another 20$I am wonder whats't you are waiting for....? I have never seen any revolutionary Cv Sim in a computer in my life. I love fs2002 I don't want to see another completly new engine with bugs and crap and start over again, like I have seen before...Most complain I have seen here, the situation was exactly the same at the fs2002 alphabeta time on screenshots, people where complainnegatif and never seen the simulator speculating on screenshots. Screenshots means nothing and specialy we have saw nothing at all yet, only clouds and aircraft.Former disappointed Fly! simmersEric

Guest Max Cowgill

>Hi,> "I'm "complaining" about the apparent lack of other>enhancements to the sim">>>Like what's? "Like" read my previous posts :-badteethregards,Max Cowgill

>So fuss about the clouds and>weather optimization or revamping, or call it what you like,>and that's all.That is all !. A good convincing weather may take another 10 years to do and some may still say .. so much fuss, that's all ?. Frankly I laugh at people who when they don't see new things on the ground they think no progress have been made. Pilots interact 99% of time with air, clouds weather and frankly I think it is about time MS starts paying more attention to it after years of neglect. Please FS team ... I beg you for another 6 years of weather development and nothing else. *:-*Michael J.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Hi michal, "That is all !. A good convincing weather may take another 10 years to do and some may still say .. so much fuss, that's all ?. "Agreed, not only the weather, the ground/scenery also, still need improvement. Flight Sim is a long term developpement, you wont see any revolitionary on one release but only by each release and time. There is too many thing to cover in a sim, it's impossible to do it quickly for budjet, lack of space Cd/Dvd, frame rate limitation ,Data, time, computer speed, new technologie/graphics.2 years can be confused, I don't thing they works 2 years fulls, only started to do some thing but not at full time. They have started fs2004 full proccess production in January 03.I will never waiting for a revolitionary sim, I never saw this either there is always bugs/bad thing no matter what is the company specialy on flight simulator. No matter what feature is in the sim, you always want better and more even if it is already good, there is no end and there is no end for blasting flight simulator, too many thing to works/implement for many many years to come.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

I'm not an "eye-candy"-scenery guy Michael as you imply I am.I mostly enjoy fly a fluid stutter-free sim with reliable dynamics. I rarely look out of the window and that's why I rarely install (or build) ultra-detailed scenery objects, just because the performance impact is not worth it. I enjoy flying into real-like clouds and admire real-like water reflections. BUT, this only happens two or three times during any of my flights. Most of the time, I prefer to simulate on-line IFR procedures, cross-checking every bit of my cockpit, instruments and maps. And finally, the greatest reward is always a fluid, smooth, bumpless and stutter-free landing.Regards,ToucHDowN.

Then TouchDown we want excatly the same thing - you seem to be flying exactly I do. But being IFR nut I LOVE good weather effects - I rather have this than a solid soup all the time - my local FBO has a simulator that offers exactly this - no outside visuals just the panel.On the subject of the great panel for IFR training - it should be obvious to everyone who as been following the FS series that MS is not interested in putting any serious effort towards that goal. But fortunately we do have good choices in that area.Michael J.

>You might be far better off getting the 43.51's as they fix an AA issue inherent with the 43.45,s and then applying your tweaks as you like.

Let's scoot away from the weather for a second. Anyone hear what the terrain mesh meter is going to be at? Right now the default is 76meters I think and there is of course downloads to get it in the 30's and even 10's. I read somewhere that it will be 5 meter resolution but I think that is a little far-fetched. I know the data from the space shuttle topography mission is starting to come out (known as SRTM Mesh)and I thought MS was going to use that but I don't think they are. Anyone else know more about this?

Eric 

Heres my thoughts on the topics mentioned. Video clips and not screenshots would be the best way to show a lot of the new features. However, a good amount of the new screenshots show some of the new lighting effects and clouds layers. Personally a cloud is a cloud to me but the effects it gives to the control surface is what matters to me. I dont believe a screenshot can show wind gust, turbulance, or transitioning winds. Yes I would like to see better clouds and comparing the thunder storm clouds of 98 to present version I believe I see a tremendous change for the better.I'm not an IFR nut but if I was I would be jumping in joy to know that the clouds are now thicker than a sheet of paper. Also that the ATC will be smarter and will provide seperation and allow for all kinds of approaches. kind of hard to show that in a screenshot dont ya think? I enjoy flying VFR only because IFR doesnt mean a thing in 2002 except to step you down. However, I plan on flying almost equal time of IFR and VFR with the new sim and the ATC. Especially since you wont be able to takeoff VFR in IFR conditions now. MS can release hundreds of screen shots but not one of them will make me excited about the improved ATC features which is what Im mostly looking forward to. Sure i could fly online with real controllers but I'm not all that stokes with having to type my intentions and only to an APP controller covering CTR,TWR, and CLR. But what I can see in those hurdreds of shots would be the fact that with real weather and a new improved weather engine I can expect to have a different flying experience almost every time even if its at the same airport time after time.KilstormP.S. using the scrrenshots I noticed that the Orange 777 at DFW, if you look at the taxiways theres a part where its a taxi bridge and it almost looks like theres shadows under the bridge which goes over a road. Also at the PHX field I noticed that the taxiway blends with the grass and does not just look like a grey strip. Very nice. Lastly we can see the taxisigns they mention in the same shot.

Just praise the Lord we have another version of Flight Sim coming up, whether you think its a patch of Fs2002 or not! I think whatever the development team add to the cycle of fs is a step forward, if people keep complaining, then the team may think why bother coming out with Flight Sim every two years,now what would you want a FS every 2 years or a FS every 4 years?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest Max Cowgill

>Just praise the Lord we have another version of Flight Sim>coming up, whether you think its a patch of Fs2002 or not! >>I think whatever the development team add to the cycle of fs>is a step forward, if people keep complaining, then the team>may think why bother coming out with Flight Sim every two>years,>>now what would you want a FS every 2 years or a FS every 4>years?>>LOL, like the dev. team has ANY say in whether or not there will be another product release... It's all up to the head honchos and the idiots in marketing. The dev. team are just "code monkeys" who can make more money for the big boys.-Max Cowgill