Sign in to follow this  
Dale Baker

Carenado FS9 Piper Arrow

Anyone else got the FS9 Piper Arrow from Carenado? I tried a short flight in it tonight, not bad. I noticed the trim wheel seems to work backwards as it should. Can someone else confirm.Thanks,Dale

Anyone else got the FS9 Piper Arrow from Carenado? I tried a short flight in it tonight, not bad. I noticed the trim wheel seems to work backwards as it should. Can someone else confirm.Thanks,Dale
You do realize that trim works 'backwards' right? As in, if the trim tab goes up...plane goes nose down. I didn't realize it until I flew for real for the first time in a Warrior.

My FS2004 Arrow is bouncing around during taxi, takeoff, and landing. It's the old "dance of death" problem you got in fs98 when the contact points were not well defined. It happens at every airport, which makes it impossible to take off or land smoothly. A friend of mine has the FSX version, and he said it works great. Does the FS2004 version have a bug, or is it just me?Can anyone try this: Accelerate to 60 knots and apply brakes continuously. Is the plane bouncing up and down, left and right?

Now that you mention it, there is something amiss with the braking action on the Arrow. Mine taxis and rolls smoothly on takeoff and landing, but as soon as I touch the brakes, the nose starts bobbing. Carenado needs to take a look at the code in that area. Otherwise, seems like a great plane.

John G.

Now that you mention it, there is something amiss with the braking action on the Arrow. Mine taxis and rolls smoothly on takeoff and landing, but as soon as I touch the brakes, the nose starts bobbing. Carenado needs to take a look at the code in that area. Otherwise, seems like a great plane.
Thanks! I was hoping I'm not the only one who has this problem. I'm sure something needs to be edited in the aircraft.cfg - but I don't feel comfortable messing with it. I e-mailed Carenado and made them aware of the problem. Also, (I know this sounds very picky) some of the tooltips in the Arrow are wrong. The copilot seat says "glovebox," and the cabin heat levers on the copilot side say "sunvisor1" and "sunvisor2." Really minor, but still, something that should be fixed in a $27 plane.One last thing... my Arrow takes off at 85-90kts. Shouldn't the plane move off the ground a little sooner, according to the Check List? It says,

Accelerate to 65 to 75 KIAS

Control Wheel -- BACK PRESSURE TO ROTATE TO CLIMB ATTITUDE

Maybe I'm not doing it right, or I don't understand the instructions in the check list pdf.Otherwise it's a GREAT add-on.

I'm disappointed. You can only fly the model in the VC. I really prefer 2D (old school). In the VC mode it is very difficult to turn on the NAV Lights (may be a hidden click that I missed). Take-offs and landings are an adventure, in both cases the plane bounces very hard. I believe that problem would be easy to correct by adjusting the contact points. I have a number of their models, C182Q, C206, C152 and the Mooney and this is the first time that I have been disappointed with their software.The one good thing about the developer, through patches, they always make things right.Tom

I'm disappointed. You can only fly the model in the VC. I really prefer 2D (old school). In the VC mode it is very difficult to turn on the NAV Lights (may be a hidden click that I missed). Take-offs
Click on the yoke to make it disappear and the Nav light switch should be more accessible.

My FS2004 Arrow is bouncing around during taxi, takeoff, and landing. It's the old "dance of death" problem you got in fs98 when the contact points were not well defined. It happens at every airport, which makes it impossible to take off or land smoothly. A friend of mine has the FSX version, and he said it works great. Does the FS2004 version have a bug, or is it just me?Can anyone try this: Accelerate to 60 knots and apply brakes continuously. Is the plane bouncing up and down, left and right?
I have the same problem. On take-off at about 40 to 50 knots the aircraft starts to porpoise (bounce). By 60 knots the bounce is quite pronounced. Take-off was performed in accordance with their published procedures. I notified Carenado about this condition. I would encourage those that are experiencing this condition to send Carenado an e-mail to show a trend exisits. I am confident they will correct this condition.

You do realize that trim works 'backwards' right? As in, if the trim tab goes up...plane goes nose down. I didn't realize it until I flew for real for the first time in a Warrior.
Hi Red,I have my PPL, High Performance/Complex endorsement, time in a straight tail Arrow, time in DC-3...... yes I know how a trim tab works :( I was refering to the fact that the Carenado aircraft has the problem where the trim wheel goes the wrong direction when I trim the plane. I emailed them about it and so far they've sent me back an email to say it's a bug in FS9. Nothing about fixing it. When Dreamfleet released either the Archer III or the Dakota they had the same problem. I seem to remember they had a patch out for that in the first few days it was released.Dale

Click on the yoke to make it disappear and the Nav light switch should be more accessible.
Can't do that in this plane because the nav light switch is hidden by the engine throttle control when giving power...

Guest belga1

Hello,

My FS2004 Arrow is bouncing around during taxi, takeoff, and landing. It's the old "dance of death" problem you got in fs98 when the contact points were not well defined. It happens at every airport, which makes it impossible to take off or land smoothly. A friend of mine has the FSX version, and he said it works great. Does the FS2004 version have a bug, or is it just me?
Maybe the Carenado devellopers team no have anymore FS2004 installed on their test machines .. as it's seem's this aircraft was not tested (cause the problems described are very basic and easy to cope for average devellopers) evil.gifOr maybe the Carenado crew have a change of "chief cook" ? badteeth.gifRegards.bye.gif

I have the same problem with the bouncing nosewheel. Carenado just emailed me a new aircraft.cfg, with different nosegear contact points, but the problem is still there. :( I can't believe they released this without trying to fly it! I hope they can quickly find a fix.

Graeme Butler

Lets give Carenado some slack. They e-mailed me a new aircraft.cfg to try. It did not fix the problem but, I does show they are working this issue. I have 95% of their aircraft and have no problems with any of them. By the way, they are updating their V-tailed bonanza to current graphic standards.

By the way, they are updating their V-tailed bonanza to current graphic standards.
Way to go Carenado!...I love the V tail! :(

An anti bounce cfg edit...don't forget to backup!

[contact_points]static_pitch = -0.5static_cg_height = 3.6max_number_of_points = 9point.0=1, 5.00, 0.0, -3.75, 3200, 0, 0.57, 33, 0.20, 2.0, 0.8, 3.5, 3.5, 0, 130.0, 130.0point.1=1, -3.88, -4.5, -3.88, 3200, 1, 0.69,  0.00, 0.3, 2.5, 0.8, 5.0, 5.0, 2, 130.0, 130.0point.2=1, -3.88, 4.5, -3.88, 3200, 2, 0.69,  0.00, 0.3, 2.5, 0.8, 5.0, 5.0, 3, 130.0, 130.0point.3 = 2, -2.95, -18, 0.62, 1600, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 5, 0, 0point.4 = 2, -3.10, 18, 0.62, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 6, 0, 0, 0point.5 = 2, -18.80, 0, -1.0, 3200, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 9, 0, 0point.6 = 2, 5.5, 0, -1.5, 3200, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 4, 0, 0point.7 = 2, -19.5, 0, 4.7, 3200, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 9, 0, 0point.8 = 2, -3.0, 0, -1.8, 3200, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 4, 0, 0gear_system_type=0[brakes]parking_brake = 1			  //Parking brake availabletoe_brakes_scale = 0.5		//Brake scalarauto_brakes = 0differential_braking_scale = 0.9