Sign in to follow this  
laurel99

side window view

excuse me as I know it's been covered but I can't find it. I have a triplehead to 3 monitors and I used to have 3 views, 10:30 12:00 o'clock and 1:30 across the monitors. I've lost 3 different angle views and now just have the 12:00 across all 3 monitors.How did I do it before. Laurelboy

excuse me as I know it's been covered but I can't find it. I have a triplehead to 3 monitors and I used to have 3 views, 10:30 12:00 o'clock and 1:30 across the monitors. I've lost 3 different angle views and now just have the 12:00 across all 3 monitors.How did I do it before. Laurelboy
You must have created 3 separate windowed mode windows, and positioned them so that each appeared on a separate monitor.--Bryn

------------------------I'm not familiar with setup for TH2Go- (my triple view sys uses 2 vid cards to drive the 3 mons)- but here's my proced. Click on the monitor in question to set the focus, then with Num Lock On- key "Control/Num KB 7 or 9". (Control locks the view). If you don't hit Control, the view reverts to View Fwd when you release the 7 or 9 key.If you change the FS KB assignments so Look Forward Left is Shift+Num7 and Look Forward Right is Shift+Num9, then a single 7 or 9 on the num pad will both set AND LOCK the view. Remember- Num Lock ON.Alex Reid

Thanks Bryn & Alex. It was 3 sep windows, The TH2G is quite easy. I have a screen of 3084 x 700 and its split across 3 projectors 1024 x 700 which equates to about 60 ft x 10ft. For anyboby thinking of projectors I have the new DLP short throw and they are fantastic if a bit pricey. Alex I had forgotten the control key. I must be getting old.thanks Laurelboy

Thanks Bryn & Alex. It was 3 sep windows, The TH2G is quite easy. I have a screen of 3084 x 700 and its split across 3 projectors 1024 x 700 which equates to about 60 ft x 10ft. For anyboby thinking of projectors I have the new DLP short throw and they are fantastic if a bit pricey. Alex I had forgotten the control key. I must be getting old.thanks Laurelboy
---------------Laurelboy-Really interesting! Any chance of a snapshot? Do your 3 projected views synch together OK along their vertical joint lines? The attached pic shows the result of synching to compensate for monitor bezels- note the synched white painted runway number straddling the left pair of monitor bezels. (Here View Forward Left is shifted 5.5

Alex.I will try to get some snaps this afternoon. We have the Redbull Airrace here in Abu Dhabi this weekend and I'm going to see them this afternoon.The sync/edges are OK in the flat screens but I feel a program to calculate the join on anything in the curved screen will certainly be requied.I have a BAE Hawk trainer cockpit that has the Simkit system in it and it runs under FS9. It has been moved to a new location and we are still working things out. we needto build the 2 new side screens as these new projectors give so much more view from such short range. with it having the bubble canopy I have been experimenting with the TrackIR, It's good but I get virtigo. the other thing that I just can't seem to get to grips with is the speed. 5 miles a minute and I've missed the airfield not just the runway.Just some ramblings, nearly 60 now as my daughter reminds me.

Alex.I will try to get some snaps this afternoon. We have the Redbull Airrace here in Abu Dhabi this weekend and I'm going to see them this afternoon.The sync/edges are OK in the flat screens but I feel a program to calculate the join on anything in the curved screen will certainly be requied.I have a BAE Hawk trainer cockpit that has the Simkit system in it and it runs under FS9. It has been moved to a new location and we are still working things out. we needto build the 2 new side screens as these new projectors give so much more view from such short range. with it having the bubble canopy I have been experimenting with the TrackIR, It's good but I get virtigo. the other thing that I just can't seem to get to grips with is the speed. 5 miles a minute and I've missed the airfield not just the runway.Just some ramblings, nearly 60 now as my daughter reminds me.
------------laurel99- Looking forward to your pics. 77 here and my old bod reminds me every day!Alex Reid

Just a few snapsThis in in the engine room. It's an actual Hawk simThis is the instructor stationClose-up of the panel before start upAfter start upTaxiing out at RAF VallyFlyingwe are moving into a new room and making the new screens and things. its possible to see just how close these projectors are. The old ones needed 12 foot and these are only 4 foot at the moment.I will take a few snaps out of the cockpit looking forward next time.On an aside at your age Alex you should be flying the Tigermoth in formation with me :( Pete

------------we are moving into a new room and making the new screens and things. its possible to see just how close these projectors are. The old ones needed 12 foot and these are only 4 foot at the moment.I will take a few snaps out of the cockpit looking forward next time.On an aside at your age Alex you should be flying the Tigermoth in formation with me :( Pete[/font]-------------------Pete- I am impressed!!!. The projected views appear to have a big impact on the sense of realism. I'm envious. Sure beats monitors for displaying the world!(Since my setup is behind the door into our condo master bedroom, I doubt I could get away with projectors!) I'm curious as to what would happen if your View Fwd Left was shifted 2

Alex, I have been trying to get some good snaps out of the front but it has not been successful. I will try again later. As regards the displays, I just put them up for the pics, the floor in there is uneven so this causes problems and if you noticed I hadn't adjusted the brightness to the same.I see you into Vancover, I flew the Hawk as a learjet the other day and shot an ILs into 08rt. It's nice to fly as a learjet because it dosn't have a 360 degree per sec role but I need to adjust the elevator sensitivity.I'll update when I get something worth showing.pete

It has proved difficult but heres a fewBanked over LincolnshireDiving over LincolnshireParked at RAF Scampton the home of the Red Arrows again its only 2 of the 3 projectors because there is no screens at the sides at the moment.pete :(

It has proved difficult but heres a fewBanked over LincolnshireDiving over LincolnshireParked at RAF Scampton the home of the Red Arrows again its only 2 of the 3 projectors because there is no screens at the sides at the moment.pete :(
-------------Pete- thanks for the pics. Projectors appear to have a lot of realism potential. I'm envious.Alex Reid