Sign in to follow this  
onurksn

PSS 757 Pro Cockpit Tool

Hello fellow simmers,I just bought the 757 Pro from Justflight. The aircraft looks fine as well as the systems. However, I find it somewhat harsh on frames. The manual states there is cockpit tool with which you can select a 2d only setup. Unfortunately the tool doesn't seem to be within the installation anymore.Does anyone have an idea about a manuel way to remove the virtual cockpit?Best regards and thanks in advance

Guest lgvpilot1
Hello fellow simmers,I just bought the 757 Pro from Justflight. The aircraft looks fine as well as the systems. However, I find it somewhat harsh on frames. The manual states there is cockpit tool with which you can select a 2d only setup. Unfortunately the tool doesn't seem to be within the installation anymore.Does anyone have an idea about a manuel way to remove the virtual cockpit?Best regards and thanks in advance
I think, and I may be wrong here that you need to have the no vc model installed , Im fairly sure ther are two models vc and novc .I cant be sure as I no longer have FS9 installed , and I may be confusing it with the 777 .Have a look in the PSS folder for a model.novc folderIn the Aircraft config you would look for two lines panel=novcmodel=novcAgain there is a good chance that I may be confusing the two aircraft (757 777) and this may be of no use what so ever :( Mark Edit There are a couple of fixes for the frame rate problem , one is a set of dxt textures for the vc and another is to do with a couple of conflicting tcas files

Hey Onur try this..."C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\757CockpitSelect.exe" is where mine is located.

Thanks for your reply Mark,Unfortunately I couldn't find the lines you mention but thanks anyway.Al,No joy there either, I guess I'll contact JF support on Monday.

Yup, I installed the patch version 1.3. I gave it a check before installing the patch too.

I figured you did but posted anyway for the sake of others. I see many people read these forums and never post. I know your not a FS rookie Onur :(

Guest lgvpilot1

Onur You could try and add the two lines I mentioned in the Aircraft cfgjust pick a model ie 757 rr rear hatch exit and where it says panel=model =just add the novc Back up first though :( Worst case is you will see nothing , no panel , no aircraft , in which case just delete the two lines i suggested and call me an idiotMark

I figured you did but posted anyway for the sake of others. I see many people read these forums and never post. I know your not a FS rookie Onur B)
:( Yeah, you never know, hints like these could be very helpful.
Onur You could try and add the two lines I mentioned in the Aircraft cfgjust pick a model ie 757 rr rear hatch exit and where it says panel=model =just add the novc Back up first though :( Worst case is you will see nothing , no panel , no aircraft , in which case just delete the two lines i suggested and call me an idiotMark
Thanks again Mark, I'll give it a try if I don't get a satisfying answer from JF. :(

If you go into youre Moduals folder and renamedsd_xml_tcas.dlldsd_xml_tcas.iniI got alotta FPS because of the renaming of these 2 files.. BUT becareful these 2 files ARE used by VRS F18If you dont have the said F18 then its NOT a problem with any other aircraft. I cant take credit for the twaek i really dont remember where i found it LOL. But it works :)Regards

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

Guest lgvpilot1
If you go into youre Moduals folder and renamedsd_xml_tcas.dlldsd_xml_tcas.iniI got alotta FPS because of the renaming of these 2 files.. BUT becareful these 2 files ARE used by VRS F18If you dont have the said F18 then its NOT a problem with any other aircraft. I cant take credit for the twaek i really dont remember where i found it LOL. But it works :)Regards
CLS airbusses use these files as do one or two other aircraft Edithttp://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=239015Mark

In each of the model folders for the plane(s) you will find two model files; one is for the 2d only and one is for the 2d/vc model. simply rename the 2d file to match the entry in the model.cfg file...DJ

Thanks Riah, but I don't have those files. :( DJ,Actually in one model folder there are 3 files, PSSB757-3.mdl / PSSB757-3.mdl_2d / PSSB757-3.mdl_vcThe model CDG only has the line normal=PSSB757-3I remamed PSSB757-3.mdl_2d as PSSB757-3.mdl and deleted the others but to no avail... :( If only I found out what the selector tool changed then I might be able to crack it :(

Thanks Riah, but I don't have those files. :( DJ,Actually in one model folder there are 3 files, PSSB757-3.mdl / PSSB757-3.mdl_2d / PSSB757-3.mdl_vcThe model CDG only has the line normal=PSSB757-3I remamed PSSB757-3.mdl_2d as PSSB757-3.mdl and deleted the others but to no avail... :( If only I found out what the selector tool changed then I might be able to crack it :(
In the aircraft folder for fs9 there is a file named 'CockpitSelect.cfg' that contains one entry: under 'inuse' you should see current=2d. As nearly as I can tell, all the cockpit tool does is rename the mdl files as I mentioned and make the entry into the cockpitselect.cfg file.DJ

In the aircraft folder for fs9 there is a file named 'CockpitSelect.cfg' that contains one entry: under 'inuse' you should see current=2d. As nearly as I can tell, all the cockpit tool does is rename the mdl files as I mentioned and make the entry into the cockpitselect.cfg file.DJ
Yes, that seems to be the idea. I trying to figure out how the selector and the CFG renames the mdl files. I'm working on it.Thanks again DJ :(