Sign in to follow this  
Guest paulnunes.aero

MD-11 Flight spoiler deployment issue - FSX

Guest paulnunes.aero

Hello Everyone,I am having an issue with deploying the flight spoilers during flight. On the ground the spoilers deploy ok. Is there some logic as to when the flight spoilers are prevented from deploying in flight. I am not able to move the lever in flight. I just update my MD-11 to the latest patch. Before the update I don't recall havning this issue.Thanks,Paul

Does the keyboard command "/" work? Maybe you are having a little problem finding the VC hotspot, I'm used to the keyboard anyway.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest paulnunes.aero

Thanks for your reply Dan.Well, using the / key doesn't work for me either at flaps 15 and higher; however, it does work with the flaps retracted. With slats extended it works also. Is this part of the MD-11 flight control law or workings?Paul

RTFM: Limitatons page L.00.3, use with only Flaps-0

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest paulnunes.aero
RTFM: Limitatons page L.00.3, use with only Flaps-0
Thanks, much appreciated.Paul

You can also click on the RET - 1/3 - 2/3 and FULL namnes on the pedestal to vary the amount. But yes, spoilers may be used in the flaps ) position, with or without slats.Xander

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

As far as I'm aware it's due to a limitation on airframe stress. I like this feature on the MD11, I'm sure real world crew's wouldn't be as foolish, but on the 744 I have found myself on rare occasions hot and high on the ILS using full inflight spoilers at flaps 10 with the gear down trying to bleed of speed instead of doing the right thing and go around. Just another safety feature.Rob

Rob Prest

Guest 413X3

real freight dogs do that all the time. there is no such thing as a smooth and steady approach