Sign in to follow this  
Guest ulmelqlo

ASA depiction correct only for takeoffs?

Guest ulmelqlo

Hi,I was very excited to purchase ASA (currently using B394) but the weather depiction is simply not working properly. Although the weather is depicted realistically as soon as FSX loads and just prior to takeoff, as soon as you takeoff and fly a few miles the weather stops being accurate even compared to what the xguage says should be the case.Example: Today in New York area the conditions are overcast with light rain. As soon as FSX loads and the ASA banner shows the weather looks very realistic, with overcast conditions with a light rain. But after I takeoff and fly through the clouds for about 5 minutes en route to Boston (where it is also overcast), the sky changes and the overcast layer disappears. I can clearly see the ground just a few miles from my takeoff airport. To make matters worse, when I check the xgauge it shows overcast conditions with precipitation. When I go the ASA interface, it also shows overcast conditions with rain. Why this disconnect? As I continue to fly toward Boston, the same problem continues where I can see ground clearly despite overcast conditions in the area. I even see METARs with cloud layers at certain levels and never see a single cloud at those levels throughout the entire flight.The only positive change I see is just before landing, when all of a sudden an overcast layer appears above me (one that should have always been there but I never flew through) as I am on approach to the runway.This kind of pattern happens all the time, where the initial depiction is correct and then is lost for the rest of the flight only until the last minute before landing.Can you please help me?Thanks,UMSpecs:FSXDefault airplaneASA download interval set to 5 mins with up to 15 cloud layersVista HP4 Gigs RAM

Guest blmackey

Thanks UM for your message as I have exactly the same problem. Even tried rebooting just before approach. But the real weather doesn't appear untiljust before touchdown. I think the problem is a lost connection between computers. I am on a network). But version 394 is still a beta so we can hope a resolution will be coming soon. Bill M.

Hi All,This is on the list for the development team to look into.Thanks,

Guest agentsmith611

hi, I also have the same problem if this is without using DWC. I have found by unchecking DWC and Create additional stations and fog layer tabs that I get a correct sky depiction for the most part, still some problems, but seems to be updating good.The wind is about 10-15deg off and sometimes I get layers that draw at the wrong level but for the most part it works pretty good. Truth is I unchecked all the tabs except the auto d/l.

This is happening for me as well. ASA reports the correct weather and Radar Contact ATIS gives you the correct weather, but the depiction is wrong. Example: Today I departed KABQ with broken clouds at 8500-13000. KLAS was reporting CLEAR BELOW 20K. I landed with broken clouds at about 8.5K while Radar Contact reported clear skies (as did the REPORT in ASA). Winds seemed correct. Just thought I'd throw that in to help troubleshoot.Eddie

Eddie
KABQ

This is happening for me as well. ASA reports the correct weather and Radar Contact ATIS gives you the correct weather, but the depiction is wrong. Example: Today I departed KABQ with broken clouds at 8500-13000. KLAS was reporting CLEAR BELOW 20K. I landed with broken clouds at about 8.5K while Radar Contact reported clear skies (as did the REPORT in ASA). Winds seemed correct. Just thought I'd throw that in to help troubleshoot.Eddie
Not quite the same but, I just was at KRYN (Ryan Fielsd near Tucson), the ATIS gave out clear, winds 198 at 15 , then set take-off RWY as 6R??.....I don't think this is related to ASA, and I turned off weather settings on Pete dawson's program, and all the other AI planes were lined up on the same rwy???...........but, why would it set it up on a downwind takeoff??.............appreciate any comments

Hi,If you are using a version after B316 you need to manually refresh the AI system by using the AI refresh Icon in ASA. Not doing this could cause your results.Thanks,

Hi,If you are using a version after B316 you need to manually refresh the AI system by using the AI refresh Icon in ASA. Not doing this could cause your results.Thanks,
Thanks for the tip!!.........(have build 394)