Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sky_6

FSD Commander 115 TC for FSX!

Guest PO_

Since I am an avid luv'er of Carenado planes (this one actually looks comparable quality-wise)...I am interested in buying this plane...http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/C115/vx.htm ....they have just released a new service pack for it...looks pretty from the pics...does anyone have it, and can comment on it...??? :( Thanks,PO'

I've also had my eye on this. I do have their Saratoga, Porter, Navajo, and Seneca for FSX/FS9 and have been quite happy with the products, especially the flight dynamics. Any feedback from anyone would be appreciated.

I have several of the FSD aircraft (but not the new Commander 115). They usually have good flight models, but don't expect much in the way of customer support - the usual assumption is it must be your problem, not FSD's.Dale

Dale

I have several of the FSD aircraft (but not the new Commander 115). They usually have good flight models, but don't expect much in the way of customer support - the usual assumption is it must be your problem, not FSD's.Dale
I totally disagree .I never had problems with their customer support, serious and friendly.Regarding the Commander, it was a nice piece of software and now with the service release will be one of my favourites.Very good flight dynamics, good avionics and beautiful textures.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I totally disagree .I never had problems with their customer support, serious and friendly.Regarding the Commander, it was a nice piece of software and now with the service release will be one of my favourites.Very good flight dynamics, good avionics and beautiful textures.
I agree with David here. I only had a few occasions to contact FSD technical support and the experience was very good. Answered my questions and solved my issues within 24 hours very courteously.As far as their planes are concerened, I have the Seneca and Commander, and can say they are very well done.

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Also experienced good customer support as well, when I once had an install problem in FSX and Vista. The re-installs can be tricky but as long as you use the latest binaries from their server you should be OK.

Anyone else have a reaction to the (service-packed) Commander? It was one of my favorite aircraft in... was it FS2k2?... but I haven't been back to it in a long time. Interested in something faster than the (wonderful) Carenado 172 and 152 for longer cross-countries. The Carenado Mooney is an almost-but-not-quite for me (I have some frame-rate issues with it, and the pop-up key assignments follow the older Carenado non-standard format... also the handling seems a bit unruly). I'm trying to be more careful with my add-on dollars and am weighing the Commander against the Lionheart Kodiak Quest (slightly different beast but with rough performance similarities). Also keeping something in reserve for the A2A Piper Cub whenever they release it.Priorities are frame-rate friendlieness (yes, even on my system), airfile, and atmosphere (I'm devoted to the Aerosoft Beaver)... not necessarily in that order.Opinions?Alan

Guest rdg

HiI also owned this, but cant remember if it was fs9. Anyway, I might consider but they really dont post any high quality pictures on their site. This makes it difficult to determine visual quality, especially the VC. Take a look at the preview photos for Realair's upcoming Duke, and you will see what I mean. RealAir always provides high quality detailed photos as do many other AC builders. Show stopper for me.RegardsBob G

I bought it few weeks ago and never been able to make it working. I run FSX under windows Xp pro 64bits. According to the FSD team the problem is on my side but they didn't really help me. As i've done with Ariane, no more buy at FSD. I own almost all their aircrafts (FS9) Seneca, Piper Navajo, Piaggio 180, Cheyenne 400, Saratoga and Cessna Skymaster 337. I kept an eye on the upcoming projects but they won't work on my computer. :( Real

Real Deraps

Lmaire,Did you get the upgraded release?On the screenshots... I have an FSD section in the Avsim gallery where I have been posting pics of the things I have been working on. I will work on getting some new shots of the Commander, JetStar & MU-2 into it.

I purchased the updated version a few days ago and i really like the Commander. Very nice flight model - the elevator had too much bite and the rudder i prefer more responsive, but this was an easy fix with the free TweakFS tool (elevator 0.8, rudder 1.2).One real problem i have - the VC instrument night lightening... I can't see a thing at all at dawn or dusk. By turning the dim knobs i get a slight shimmer, but the instruments are still completely unreadable. Any values to mod therefor ?With this issue fixed the 115 TC will be an aircraft to recommend.

Lmaire,Did you get the upgraded release?On the screenshots... I have an FSD section in the Avsim gallery where I have been posting pics of the things I have been working on. I will work on getting some new shots of the Commander, JetStar & MU-2 into it.
I bought it on march 3rd. I don't know if there's been an update since. According to FSD, the problem is that the installer was unable to locate the critical flight simulator file dll.xml. Effectively the path to go to the Application Data file in my computer isn't the same as FSD says. But why all others aircrafts work and not the FSD one. Strange. FSD's path C:\Documents and settings\(user name)\application date\microsoft\FSX\dll.xmlPath on my computer: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\Application DataSorry for bad english. Hope you understand.Real

Real Deraps

I bought it on march 3rd. I don't know if there's been an update since. According to FSD, the problem is that the installer was unable to locate the critical flight simulator file dll.xml. Effectively the path to go to the Application Data file in my computer isn't the same as FSD says. But why all others aircrafts work and not the FSD one. Strange. FSD's path C:\Documents and settings\(user name)\application date\microsoft\FSX\dll.xmlPath on my computer: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\Application Data
Did you try copying the dll.xml to C:\Documents and settings\(user name)\application data\microsoft\FSX\ ? That is indeed a strange place to store the dll.xml. I work with 64-bit Vista but my dll.xml is in that FSX directory.

Did you try copying the dll.xml to C:\Documents and settings\(user name)\application data\microsoft\FSX\ ? That is indeed a strange place to store the dll.xml. I work with 64-bit Vista but my dll.xml is in that FSX directory.
I also find it strange. (i work with windowx xp 64bit not vista) Do you think that i could cut and paste the application data there without having problem with my computer after that. If i try to copy it, it says that the file already exists. (i know) I must cut and paste then and i'm afraid that causes problems because maybe other applications use that path you know what i mean....

Real Deraps

I also find it strange. (i work with windowx xp 64bit not vista) Do you think that i could cut and paste the application data there without having problem with my computer after that. If i try to copy it, it says that the file already exists. (i know) I must cut and paste then and i'm afraid that causes problems because maybe other applications use that path you know what i mean....
If it's already there then the DLL.XML is probably corrupted. I know I had problems running some DLLs due to a corrupt DLL.XML file. Have a look at this linkhttp://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/How_t...SX_DLL.XML_FileI spent half a day cleaning up my DLL.XML late last year due to some issues with some payware. The root of the problem is usually some non-conformal XML code. You may want to have a look at yours with a text editor. (Make a backup copy of the original first!) An idea might be to contact FSD and get a copy of the DLL.XML entry just for the Commander and enter it yourself, assuming it's missing from your DLL.XML. That way you wouldn't be affecting your other plugins. If the installer can't find your DLL.XML file (and you know it's there) then there is no way the addon will know where to look for the missing libraries.You also didn't mention how the aircraft failed. Did it fail during installation (the above wouldn't help) or during startup (it couldn't find a DLL).