Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sky_6

FSD Commander 115 TC for FSX!

If it's already there then the DLL.XML is probably corrupted. I know I had problems running some DLLs due to a corrupt DLL.XML file. Have a look at this linkhttp://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/How_t...SX_DLL.XML_FileI spent half a day cleaning up my DLL.XML late last year due to some issues with some payware. The root of the problem is usually some non-conformal XML code. You may want to have a look at yours with a text editor. (Make a backup copy of the original first!) An idea might be to contact FSD and get a copy of the DLL.XML entry just for the Commander and enter it yourself, assuming it's missing from your DLL.XML. That way you wouldn't be affecting your other plugins. If the installer can't find your DLL.XML file (and you know it's there) then there is no way the addon will know where to look for the missing libraries.You also didn't mention how the aircraft failed. Did it fail during installation (the above wouldn't help) or during startup (it couldn't find a DLL).
Really appreciate your help. It failed during the installation (says that i should use 32 bits instead of 64bits). Anyways, sorry i don't have more time for this today. I'll try to work on it later on sometimes next week. Thanks again for your help.Real

Real Deraps

Guest rdg

Whatever manufacturers slogan was "Point and Shoot", sure does not happen with many FSX addons. It must be your problem.Bob G

Whatever manufacturers slogan was "Point and Shoot", sure does not happen with many FSX addons. It must be your problem.
I have no idea what you are trying to say with that... :( On the .dll issue...If you are trying to install with FSX running that will generate an error in the installer. That happened to me! :( Also, if you made your purchase in March then you have the older version. The update came out April 11.

Guest rdg
I have no idea what you are trying to say with that... :( On the .dll issue...If you are trying to install with FSX running that will generate an error in the installer. That happened to me! :( Also, if you made your purchase in March then you have the older version. The update came out April 11.
Well, what does the update have in common with the installer? Bob

Nothing I think...but it has everything to do with the OP getting the most current version of the plane, and it was a question that was asked. I model for FSD. I have nothing to do with the installer part of the show, but when I state that I a team member in my sig that means that I will try to do what I can when I see someone having a problem with our products. You never did explain your comment...

Guest rdg
Nothing I think...but it has everything to do with the OP getting the most current version of the plane, and it was a question that was asked. I model for FSD. I have nothing to do with the installer part of the show, but when I state that I a team member in my sig that means that I will try to do what I can when I see someone having a problem with our products. You never did explain your comment...
Hi,I was a little confused I guess about the older version. What does the newer version attempt to solve that the older version could not? Was the older version incompatible with his OS? Bob

The update has new models, improved VC, and corrected some avionics problems. I would be willing to bet that the installer is unchanged, and frankly I have no idea if the OS is an issue, but I will find out. There have been a few promising exchanges here trying to resolve the OP's problem. I have no personal knowledge of the correspondence that occurred with him in the past. I am waiting to see if some of the replies given here earlier bear fruit before I try to do anything else. Like I said...I wrestle Gmax, and have nothing to do with the installer :(

Robert, any tips available for the gauge back lightening ? I know the dawn/dusk visibility is a drama - but you got a dim which should make it possible. With the ES Liberty for example i am able to adjust it correct at any time. The Carenado back lightening issue got fixed for the Mooney by an OrbX forum member (Maurice, who is working currently on the Arrow IV).

The textures used for the dimming are titled 'g_nite_***', located in the root texture folder. A quick look at them should explain everything...be sure to save a copy of the originals someplace safe first! :(

Guest Tabbi

Hi there,I bought last Saturday the Commander with some problems not solved yet.The lightning is no problem. Just use the right dimm knob and turn it right.But my fuel totalizer won

Guest dougwells

I too just bought the FSD Commander this past weekend. My Garmin 480 turns on OK and shows the initiating screen but seems to get stuck there. Hitting, ENT, CLR, FPL, etc does not seem to get it past the initial screen. - Anyone else had this problem?- Anyone willing to venture a guess as to how to solve?I bought the Commander specifically to use the 480 and I hope all ends up OK. I've flown and enjoyed FSD Saratoga for the past year and hope to end up as pleased with the Commander as I am with the Saratoga.Thanks

Guest kwilson

Also got the commander recently (they had a sale on which reduced the price to $19).Although I haven't had a chance to really get to know the plane I must admit that my earlier impressions are not good.1. The framerates are terrible. By far the worse I have of any GA plane and about on a level with the Wilco Airbus. I know FSD warn users of this so if you have a problem with framerates I suggest you give it a miss.2. Using the GPS in the VC is impossible. I tried entering an airport code by twisting the knob with my mouse wheel. The GPS starting spinning wildly through the characters and would only stop when I moved the mouse away from the knob. The 2D panel works fine.3. The VC gauges lack cohesion. It looks like a hotch potch of gauges made by different developers and gives the panel a real freeware kind of feel. Compared to the Beech Duke, well, there is no comparison really.I'm certainly glad I didn't pay full price for it.

I find the FSD Commander for FSX to be excellent, no problem with frame rates or anything else after the service pack.Just for the record I have no link to FSD, just a satisfied customer!John

Guest Tabbi

John,fine that all works well.Could you please make a pic ot the fuel totalizer on the copilot panel side?Is the fuel flow working and the distance to the next waypoint?Think off first load a flight plan.Thanks.Tabea

Curious if any of the users are running Vista 64. I purchased a few weeks ago but have been unable to install getting an error when the install program tries to back up the dll.xml file. It appears no one on the FSD development team tested on Vista 64 and since it is relatively new system (1 1/2 months since new) and every other add on installed without difficulty and it is running fine I am not really hip on their suggestion to revert back to XP, I actually like DX10.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888