Sign in to follow this  
Tobei

A330 / A340 add-on

Hi,After falling in love with the detail of Phoenix PSS Airbus A319/320/321 add-on, I have been looking for the same type of add-on simulation, but with A-330's and A-340's. I wrote a brief letter to Phoenix Software asking if there was any plans on the development of such add-on. To my dissappoinment they said "no plans my friend"So, after extensive research, I came across Apollo Software, who is releasing "Airbus- fly by wire". Looks to be very detailed and the most realistic add-on so far.My Problem is that I can't find out when they are going to release it for international orders. Most of the website is in German, which I don't understand. It seems that its for sale already but only in Germany and they have a notice posted in red stating that "international orders will be taken soon".My question is how soon??? Does anybody know whats going on w/ this?Is it for sale on another website that I dont know??Any feed back is welcome...www.apollosoftware.comThanksJT

Hi!Sorry to disappoint you but this product seems to be a whole bunch of lies and copyright violations. They stole freeware aircrafts like the Project Airbus A320 and the Flightcraft A340 and created a nice looking panel bitmap with hardly any function and are now selling it at a much to high price.This company and it's methods is a shame.Toby

Toby,Whatttttt???????? Wowwwww, That's a huge dissappointment to me.But thanks for letting me know, I had some high hopes for this one.I am glad I posted this message.Well back to the drawing board......... lolToby, do you know of any add-on of such sort?A330/A340 w/ such realisim like PSS Airbus??Thanks again for the heads upJT

i know of one thats gonna be released after FSCOF, A340-300 by Aviograsf(aviograsf.com) here are some features that one of the guys told me when i emailed him.the special features We're developing will be: selectable temperature in the aircraft cockpit, cabin and cargo functionant flight computer and ADIRS with alignement time realistic atothrust and throttle a little more advanced Airbus MCDU surface affected by the hydraulic system auto and manual cabin vertical speed realistic ECPand more...other modules and external program will be added later...there will be the Virual cockpit, no wings view or cabin view at this moment (develop aircraft as like the A340 is a very long and hard work so We'll first would complete well the basic model then add other modules and programs...)...regarding the Air jamaicalivery it is not planned at this moment...the A340 Professionalwill be delivered in both versions: electronic (dowloadable by our site) andboxed (distributed by the PRODUCER-DISTRIBUTOR)...Yes theMCD is being modeled using the real A340 MCDU manual (FCOM Volume 4)...in the first release will be modeled the most important functions...thensomething more will be added...espect many surprises from this...and there will be all the major A340-300 operators liverys painted. im really looking forward to it and cant wait till it comes outAdam

one more thing, just to show u the amout of detail that will be in it. some of the panels of the A340-300 operators have a bumped surface on the central panel and aviograsf have encorpirated that and in the future they will make both versionsAdam

Guest rici

Try www.anticyclone.com They seem to be trying for an A340 with the detail of 767PIC, it looks very good. Also go to www.simsoftworkshop.com its an A310 but hey...

Well, I'm also waiting for the Aviograsf A340. It seems to be very promising. It has been announced quite a long time ago so lets hope it will be finished once ...Toby

Adam,Thanks for the heads up!!I will be on the look out for Aviograsf A340.Thanks for everyones input.JTP.S.- Mean while does anybody know a good A330/340 freeware to download??

Actually, that PSS statement doesn't seem to be entirely correct. Johan mentioned that they will start development on another Airbus, so I wouldn't write PSS off just yet :)