Sign in to follow this  
loop_n_roll

Responding to surveys

I've tried several times over the years to respond to surveys. Just now I answered all the questions in the survey and tried to submit; however I'm hit with a screen asking for my email which I provided. I'm still waiting for the response so I can finally submit my survey replies. In the past I've just given up and canceled. Anyone know what's happening? Why ask for another password for a survey response when I'm already registered with the forum? Still waiting for the password after about 15 minutes.

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

I've tried several times over the years to respond to surveys. Just now I answered all the questions in the survey and tried to submit; however I'm hit with a screen asking for my email which I provided. I'm still waiting for the response so I can finally submit my survey replies. In the past I've just given up and canceled. Anyone know what's happening? Why ask for another password for a survey response when I'm already registered with the forum? Still waiting for the password after about 15 minutes.
I just looked and there were over 500 validated votes. Over 500 users successfully completed the survey. I suspect your system has a spam filter that is blocking our email, or you have not entered the right email address.

It did that with me, try looking for the password it emailed and click on the URL in the email rather than attempting to use the password, doing that unjammed it for me.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I just didn't wait long enough. The password and url came through about 30 min after I entered this.

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

Whilst on the subject of the survey I was surprised at how many personal questions needed to be answered. My salary should be irrelevant to my attitude towards the future of FS as should my employment status. I can just about accept my age group and gender although the latter is fairly meaningless given how few ladies we see posting here.And how many people will provide truthful answers to those questions making them even more irrelevant. Good survey but next time please drop the highly personal stuff.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Three miles East from G-BOAC eh? That puts you just up the road from me, in either Bramhall or Cheadle I guess.Al

Alan Bradbury

Three miles East from G-BOAC eh? That puts you just up the road from me, in either Bramhall or Cheadle I guess.Al
Almost! :( Cheadle Hulme. So where are you?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Whilst on the subject of the survey I was surprised at how many personal questions needed to be answered. My salary should be irrelevant to my attitude towards the future of FS as should my employment status. I can just about accept my age group and gender although the latter is fairly meaningless given how few ladies we see posting here.And how many people will provide truthful answers to those questions making them even more irrelevant. Good survey but next time please drop the highly personal stuff.
Ray, when you are looking at the future of the hobby and its viability, income, age, your employment status and other demographics are important. Those "paint" a complete picture.

Almost! :( Cheadle Hulme. So where are you?
I'm afraid I can't reveal personal details like that - nah, only joking - I'm just up the road from you in Hazel Grove, Bramhall Moor Lane. Probably nearer to Woodford than Manchester Airport. You're more on the flight path into Manchester than me, I bet you have tire marks on your roof from the PIA 747s LOLAl

Alan Bradbury

Ray, when you are looking at the future of the hobby and its viability, income, age, your employment status and other demographics are important. Those "paint" a complete picture.
Tom,I guess we have different opinions on what constitutes required information. Regarding salary you're never going to get truthful answers especially when an email address is required to confirm the authenticity of the source. What reassurances do you have that this information will be destroyed after use?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm afraid I can't reveal personal details like that - nah, only joking - I'm just up the road from you in Hazel Grove, Bramhall Moor Lane. Probably nearer to Woodford than Manchester Airport. You're more on the flight path into Manchester than me, I bet you have tire marks on your roof from the PIA 747s LOLAl
:( Small world! Yes, when the 747s use 05L on a LISTO it does get a bit noisy but fortunately the PIAs go straight ahead and miss me.Happy to continue in private if you wish. Tom probably doesn't want us going off topic. :(

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Tom,I guess we have different opinions on what constitutes required information. Regarding salary you're never going to get truthful answers especially when an email address is required to confirm the authenticity of the source. What reassurances do you have that this information will be destroyed after use?
I can assure you that the information will be destroyed upon completion of the survey. As for authenticity, we would need to ask detailed and intrusive questions to assure that, and even then could remain suspect. I am sure that asking those more detailed / intrusive questions would keep our poll results at nearly zero. And even I would not participate in that. An online survey, by definition, can be a glass half full or half empty.

I can assure you that the information will be destroyed upon completion of the survey. As for authenticity, we would need to ask detailed and intrusive questions to assure that, and even then could remain suspect. I am sure that asking those more detailed / intrusive questions would keep our poll results at nearly zero. And even I would not participate in that. An online survey, by definition, can be a glass half full or half empty.
Thanks for the confirmation Tom. I did appreciate the survey, I think the results will be very interesting. Getting the balance right between authenticity and privacy is always a difficult one.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Got to agree with Ray on this one Tom. I was a bit unhappy filling in the personal details when I thought it was a completely anonymous survey, but as soon as it asked for an email address I hit the delete button. I felt that was altogether too much personal data to be floating around on offshore servers when evidence shows that even the UK government can't be trusted to keep personal data secure!For the record though, Avsim is positively the best site on the entire Internet, and I shall be flying FS, reading forums, buying hardware and software, and tweaking unendingly until I become too incapable :)--Bryn

Got to agree with Ray on this one Tom. I was a bit unhappy filling in the personal details when I thought it was a completely anonymous survey, but as soon as it asked for an email address I hit the delete button. I felt that was altogether too much personal data to be floating around on offshore servers when evidence shows that even the UK government can't be trusted to keep personal data secure!For the record though, Avsim is positively the best site on the entire Internet, and I shall be flying FS, reading forums, buying hardware and software, and tweaking unendingly until I become too incapable :)--Bryn
Just for the record, we do warn you before you start the survey that your email address will be required before you results are submitted. That way, we are ensuring that you are a real person and that you are not taking the survey multiple times.