Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Martinair DVD

I purchased the FS9 version today and would ask if anyone has the 'flight plans' used in this video, please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Anyone?

Dave Taylor gb.png

hello G7USLHer's the flight plan LEKKO UN872 KOVIN UY317 RESMI UN857 DIRMO UN855 PPG UP84 LOREShave a flight questy

hello G7USLHer's the flight plan LEKKO UN872 KOVIN UY317 RESMI UN857 DIRMO UN855 PPG UP84 LOREShave a flight questy
Thanks, and the return? :(

Dave Taylor gb.png

That is not the original flight plan for the Martinair DVD. The problem is airway UB317 is no longer in service or was renamed, but i can't confirm as i don't have any charts for 2002. Also a few navaids have gone missing on the airways (CLM, KUSOS, etc). Airway UN860 is in the original but like i said earlier missing the navaids for it. The flightplan that questy showed is the closest you will probably get to the original.PS. don't know about the return route.

Nathan

Hi,Here are todays Air Berlin plans - so not MD11, but as up-to-date as you're going to get!Outbound - N0448F380 LEKKO UN872 MEDIL/N0448F390 UN872 KOVIN UY317 RESMI UN857 DIRMO UN855 PPG UP84 LORESInbound - N0449F380 GALAT UN861 FISTO UY156 ADABI UN858 VADOM UN874 PERON/N0394F240 UN874 VEKIN UN873 FERDI UG110 DENUT

Cheers,

Sam N

Thanks very much ;) Anyone know what Ruud Bakker and Robert Lenz are doing now? I would think that Robert now is a Captain?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Thanks Krister.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Thanks Krister.
I have the World Air Routes Swiss MD-11 video, which is good, how is that ITVV video?

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

I have the World Air Routes Swiss MD-11 video, which is good, how is that ITVV video?
Absolutely brilliant - In my opinion the best ITVV dvd done, No2 being the Virgin 747-400.I have the WA one too and quite like that as well but certainly no match for the ITVV one.John Ellison

Absolutely brilliant - In my opinion the best ITVV dvd done, No2 being the Virgin 747-400.I have the WA one too and quite like that as well but certainly no match for the ITVV one.John Ellison
I don't have that specific WA DVD but a couple of others - Corsair and GOL - and eight ITVV DVD's. As John said the WA videos simply can't touch the ITVV ones - they are worlds apart. The WA ones still are interesting in a way, it's like you are invited to sit in the jumpseat and you sit there looking at their work or what the cabin crew is doing, sometimes peeking over the shoulder of one of the pilots to catch a glimpse on the ground.The ITVV DVD's on the other hand are very educational and uses multiple cameras - seven in one video I think - to really get high quality views. They also go in to great details, although the depth varies from video to video, and having watched the 2 DVD concorde video, you feel like you could take over the flight engineers job! :D My personal ITVV favourites are the MD11, the B747, the Airbus 320 and the Fokker - I also believe they are the newest ones. A shame though that it doesn't seem like they are producing any more of them.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

World Air Routes has some good videos if you are looking to in-depth explanations. For example the Varig 777-200 video is simply amazing, the FO certainly gives its best explaining all the instruments, panels, sinoptics and the whole lot in detail. He even explains the use of oxygen masks, shows the crew restrooms, goes down to the avionics compartment...you end with a very thorough knowledge of the plane. The crew is certainly very proud of the aircraft, and they show it.I recently viewed the Air Luxor A330 video and it was also very interesting, with very long explanations of preflight procedures (including the entire programing of the MCDU for the return leg). Certainly not catered for the non initiated, they can die from boredom :(They don

Yeah Krister, all quiet on flight deck stuff now, not allowed on most airlines now after all the problems in recent years. Too bad really, but I think the endless paperwork and getting permissions now makes it really difficult if not nearly impossible. A great loss imo.And yes, the Concorde 2 disk one is superb too, dunno about doing the flight engineers job though, looks like a lot of work lol.John Ellison