A couple of weeks ago, I just deleted ASA and went back to ASX. A few days ago I reinstalled everything to include the new SP-1 Beta 2. What a difference. ASA has not closed once, nor have I had a problem with FSX. I'm getting just some beautiful weather. I thank Jim and every one else for all their good advise. I only bought ASX a couple of months ago, so I am still trying to stay on the front side of the learning curve. I've had a fair amount of trouble loading from Metar saved files, setting the correct times in, but have found the Map is a good way to check and see if what you had hoped you had set in is in fact what you have. I still am not clear on setting the visibility in. I have read in a seperate review that the visiblility you set in is for for up to 3500' AGL. That ASA generates the visibility for above that (assuming you have set your own weather up). From a few things I have read in this Forum, I gather it is possible to set the visibility to less than 1 sm. I haven't been able to figure out how to do this. It seems like in ASX you could not go below 1 in sm, but you could change it to meters and then go like to 800 meters to lower your visibility. Of course the dream solution here is to be able to set the desired visibility yourself by altitude, like you can with cloud layers. The best though would be to have the ability to seperately set the runway visibility in feet. Then you can really crank it down for Cat II approaches and auto land procedures. In addition, has anyone posted any tutorials for ASA. I wish I had one which led you through different flights, listing step by step how to set different kinds of weather into ASA. Especially on setting different weather sets into saved flights and then loading other saved Metar files and flying them. Basicly, I'm a happy flyer. Thanks HiFi Sim.

Guest ashwath
A couple of weeks ago, I just deleted ASA and went back to ASX. A few days ago I reinstalled everything to include the new SP-1 Beta 2. What a difference. ASA has not closed once, nor have I had a problem with FSX. I'm getting just some beautiful weather. I thank Jim and every one else for all their good advise. I only bought ASX a couple of months ago, so I am still trying to stay on the front side of the learning curve. I've had a fair amount of trouble loading from Metar saved files, setting the correct times in, but have found the Map is a good way to check and see if what you had hoped you had set in is in fact what you have. I still am not clear on setting the visibility in. I have read in a seperate review that the visiblility you set in is for for up to 3500' AGL. That ASA generates the visibility for above that (assuming you have set your own weather up). From a few things I have read in this Forum, I gather it is possible to set the visibility to less than 1 sm. I haven't been able to figure out how to do this. It seems like in ASX you could not go below 1 in sm, but you could change it to meters and then go like to 800 meters to lower your visibility. Of course the dream solution here is to be able to set the desired visibility yourself by altitude, like you can with cloud layers. The best though would be to have the ability to seperately set the runway visibility in feet. Then you can really crank it down for Cat II approaches and auto land procedures. In addition, has anyone posted any tutorials for ASA. I wish I had one which led you through different flights, listing step by step how to set different kinds of weather into ASA. Especially on setting different weather sets into saved flights and then loading other saved Metar files and flying them. Basicly, I'm a happy flyer. Thanks HiFi Sim.
hi thunderbolt, u seem to be very happy with ASA i guess, good. but r u sure u never got any cloud popping or haze flashing or wrong temperatures while climbing or descending???regards,

hi thunderbolt,u seem to be very happy with ASA i guess, good. but r u sure u never got any cloud popping or haze flashing or wrong temperatures while climbing or descending???regards,
I guess after going through a period before the last SP upgrade where I couldn't even keep ASA running, the problems you mention are quite small to me.

I guess after going through a period before the last SP upgrade where I couldn't even keep ASA running, the problems you mention are quite small to me.
Amen. I reflect your sentiments in the first post. Its been excellent for me as well after deleting and reinstalling.

Guest TIYCS
Amen. I reflect your sentiments in the first post. Its been excellent for me as well after deleting and reinstalling.
I sure wish I and everyone else here could concur. What a drag.