Sign in to follow this  
Guest fullstoplanding

Just Flight C=130 Hercules

Guest fullstoplanding

The Just Flight C-130 Hercules, does any body have it? Yeas and nays. PC Aviator has a 10 pc-off sale going on, plus my discount for being a Computer Pilot magazine subscriber has me wanting to spend a little for the "economy." Also, the Abacus' Cessna 162 SkyCatcher which I can legally fly in real time under the LSA regs ( and if I hit the Lotto) has my interest, too.Remark?Happy Holidays.Roger

As the person who designed and built the panel/gauge system for the C162, I'm a bit biased... but it's one of the best models ABACUS has ever released. ;)As for the C130, I don't honesly know that much about it, but for the record it is actually the Captain Sim C130. Just Flight is simply marketing it for CS...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Abacus let's you try there aircraft before you buy them. I just downloaded the 162, but alas Vista64 is causing me problems.....as usual.

Guest JoeInCT
The Just Flight C-130 Hercules, does any body have it? Yeas and nays. PC Aviator has a 10 pc-off sale going on, plus my discount for being a Computer Pilot magazine subscriber has me wanting to spend a little for the "economy." Also, the Abacus' Cessna 162 SkyCatcher which I can legally fly in real time under the LSA regs ( and if I hit the Lotto) has my interest, too.Remark?Happy Holidays.Roger
I have it. It is OK. Had a friend over the other day who flew the C130 for the USAF (retired 4 years ago). The flaps on the sim plane create too much drag and require an unrealistic amount of power to hold airspeed on final. One thing I have found is that the rudder kind of auto-centers itself after a few seconds necessitating more and more rudder. After a while, no amount of rudder will work and the turn, according to the "ball" becomes "uncoordinated." Releasing the rudder then causes it to be in the opposite direction until it auto centers again after a few seconds. It is annoying that you can't do a coordinated turn (note: I use a CH Products rudder peddle system, but don't have this problem on any other airplane). Other than that, it is a good airplane. Visually stunning. If it didn't have the rudder issue, I'd recommend it highly. I'd still get it again though.Oh, and yes I left a message on the support board, but no one responded.Joe

Guest fullstoplanding

Thanks guys for your inputs. I decided to get only the C-130 this time. I placed my order a few minutes ago.:(Roger