Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

please help - constant CTD with FSX - do I have something set up wrong?

it was working fine about 6 mnths ago, then all of sudden CTD's i have replaced a new hard drive, new power supply , new video card, new memory and still no such luck, I have reformatted my h/d about 3 times and reinstalled fsx about 4 times - still no go..I noticed that when I startup the program all is good until I get into the actual flight simulator, then I see flashes of black polygons and then boom, I get blue screen of death... and because it is a bsod - I can never tell what exactly the error is, because the blue screen flashes up and then it reboots right away!could I have a wrong setting? on my vid card or ???all I have is FSX and update 1 and update 2 - nothing else installed...Win xp w/sp3amd fx-552 gigs of ramgeforce 9600 GT 1GBI would even be willing to talk if you want to call or I'll call you call my cell, 719-371-7862Westcliffe, COI'm desperate to get this fixed..here are my complete specs: Computer: Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack 3 Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13 Display: Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (1024 MB) Monitor HYUNDAI ImageQuest L90D+ Digital [NoDB] (151711984) Multimedia: Audio Adapter NVIDIA

Ciao!

Fixed!the culprit? cpu overheatingfixed: bought a Zalman 92mm fan - man am I impressed with that baby! before I was my AMD FX-55 was ideling at 65c and would hit 83c and higher with load then it would finally crashnow with this fan it idles at 41c and with load hits about 55cI highly recommend this product. I'm just thrilled I can fly again.

Ciao!