Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

250knts under 10000

I have been reading the manual and looking through the fms, but can't figure this out. Is there a place where I can enter some speeds so the MD11 will not go over 250knts under 10000ft, I find that usually before I even get to 6000 Im doing between 260 and 280 knts.

It will go faster than 250 knots below 10,000 if it is heavy. Check the Vcl on the MCDU takeoff page.You can find the speed restriction below 10,000 by doing a vertical revision from your departure airport (LSKs on the right-hand side of the flight plan), but it will be overridden if Vcl is higher.Tom

There's no way to override the higher Vcl if you're in FMS SPD mode. You'll have to use selected speed. Note that you may need to leave slats extended if you intend to remain at 250kt.Paul

Guest chrut
There's no way to override the higher Vcl if you're in FMS SPD mode. You'll have to use selected speed. Note that you may need to leave slats extended if you intend to remain at 250kt.Paul
I'm pretty new here, limited knowledge, but can't you just use some sort of speed intervension - like in the B744?

I'm pretty new here, limited knowledge, but can't you just use some sort of speed intervension - like in the B744?
Yes, it's called Selected Speed :( You just select the desired speed and pull the speed knob.Paul

Guest chrut
Yes, it's called Selected Speed :( You just select the desired speed and pull the speed knob.Paul
Oh, alright :) I'm completely lost when it comes to the MD11 :(

Yeah you don't go below Vcl, ATC understands that heavies sometimes need to exceed 250, it's not an absolute rule if the plane needs to be going faster to fly safely without flaps.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Heh, Radar contact ATC doesn't understand unless you selected the option before starting it, sometimes you forget or didn't realise until after fueling that VCL would be above 250knots.Jay V

When flying online, I like to advise the tower when Vcl>250 and request a high speed climb. This way it can be coordinated with the departure controller. 99% of the time, they understand and will either cancel the speed restriction, or allow something like 280kt- which is usually sufficient.Those are some of my favorite phrases "no speed restriction" and "high speed below 10 approved".Paul

Heh, Radar contact ATC doesn't understand unless you selected the option before starting it, sometimes you forget or didn't realise until after fueling that VCL would be above 250knots.Jay V
There's a way around that- just reset the speed tolerances on the configuration screen. :( Paul

There's a way around that- just reset the speed tolerances on the configuration screen. :( Paul
Ah yes, I will remember that thanks.

Another fun thing to do is request deviation due to turbulence. It ignores your assigned altitude. That way you can go to bed on the long haul and RC won't complain when you step climb in PROF.Paul