Sign in to follow this  
el_kab0ng

FSX -> FS9 AFCAD coversions?

Has anyone run across an AFCAD conversion tool that will convert an FSX AFCAD to FS9? Unfortunately the only AFCAD out there for KGRK is one that was built for FSX and I'd like to use it with FS9.

Has anyone run across an AFCAD conversion tool that will convert an FSX AFCAD to FS9? Unfortunately the only AFCAD out there for KGRK is one that was built for FSX and I'd like to use it with FS9.
I am not aware of any conversion program which converts that direction (backwards).If all you are wanting to do is add more parking etc., the free AFCAD program by Lee Swordy will do the trick. It cannot add scenery (buildings etc.) but can alter the runways and taxiways and parking stuff.It is available here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&DLID=46238In case you are not familiar with the program, it comes with one of the best "help" files ever written.Good luck! :(

AFX can convert FSX to FS9. It isn't without issues. I have seen translucent textures on the aprons or taxiways at times. Sometimes it's an easy fix and sometimes it isn't.

Both are excellent suggestions, guys. I've gone ahead with AFCAD2 and added basic gate parking. KGRK recently went GA from an AFB, so FS9 only had helo parking. (Although it had the apron space for several gates and GA parking).Now I can finally do ATR flights from KDFW.