Sign in to follow this  
Guest rdunn6

VoxATC Delays between each and every command PLEASE HELP!

Guest rdunn6

I posted this earlier but got no responses. Can someone suggest some help for this? I have a rather older computer but it has a 2.6 mHz Pentium Processor and 2 g of RAM. FSX performs splendidly on it. But the vox atc is SO slow, that in order to get my next command, I have to hit escape, then Return to flight. At first I thought the computer was too old and slow but that wouldn't be it as the Sim runs fine. I am DYING to use this. Don't know what's wrong. There should be immediate response. Thanks for your replies. Dizz

I posted this earlier but got no responses. Can someone suggest some help for this? I have a rather older computer but it has a 2.6 mHz Pentium Processor and 2 g of RAM. FSX performs splendidly on it. But the vox atc is SO slow, that in order to get my next command, I have to hit escape, then Return to flight. At first I thought the computer was too old and slow but that wouldn't be it as the Sim runs fine. I am DYING to use this. Don't know what's wrong. There should be immediate response. Thanks for your replies. Dizz
I imagine your problen is in fact due to the performance of your PC. Running FSX would require 100% of your PC's resources with very little CPU resources left over for VoxATC. When you hit escape CPU cycles are freed up allowing VoxATC to catch up. I also have an older single core PC and have to dial FSX way back, no autogen, lower AI traffic, etc,and experience some delays with VoxATC especially at more complex airports. Hopefully a future version of VoxATC will support networked operation and allow running VoxATC on another PC other than your FSX PC. Good luck.

Guest rdunn6
I imagine your problen is in fact due to the performance of your PC. Running FSX would require 100% of your PC's resources with very little CPU resources left over for VoxATC. When you hit escape CPU cycles are freed up allowing VoxATC to catch up. I also have an older single core PC and have to dial FSX way back, no autogen, lower AI traffic, etc,and experience some delays with VoxATC especially at more complex airports. Hopefully a future version of VoxATC will support networked operation and allow running VoxATC on another PC other than your FSX PC. Good luck.
Interstingly, since I pposted this a couple of hours ago, I began working on it again. I read in the help sheet about using the shortened call sign (e.g. 5 1 delta instead of November 11511 delta) and it seems to (inexplicably) have fixed 95% of the problem. I will continue tomorrow and report on it. ThANKS dIZps fsx REALLY DOESN'T TAKE 100% of the resources. I've got a killer vid card in it. But I'm sure it contribute to the problem.

Interstingly, since I pposted this a couple of hours ago, I began working on it again. I read in the help sheet about using the shortened call sign (e.g. 5 1 delta instead of November 11511 delta) and it seems to (inexplicably) have fixed 95% of the problem. I will continue tomorrow and report on it. ThANKS dIZps fsx REALLY DOESN'T TAKE 100% of the resources. I've got a killer vid card in it. But I'm sure it contribute to the problem.
I'll have to give the shortened call sign a try As far as killer video cards for FSX the consensus in the community has always been that FSX is CPU rendered and that high end GPUs are so under utilized by the FSX code that their chips sets doen't even get warm. :(